Author Topic: NSW Fires  (Read 95829 times)

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NSW Fires
« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2020, 08:50:25 PM »
I like this one

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213438044256137216

Wonder if scomo will take him up on his offer of a face to face chat.. LOL
The country needed a leader to stand up, and we got Scotty from marketing.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2020, 10:13:43 PM »
The country needed a leader to stand up, and we got Scotty from marketing.

Cheers Glen

Just been giving my brother some stick as he works in marketing... His comment was ScoMo is not a great example of marketing, and was ushered out the door a few times...

Offline Squalo

• "Two Wheels Good"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2020, 11:11:23 AM »
A couple of last things. It looks like the switching yard for T2 power satation at Cabramurra has taken a hit, and the switching yard at T3 at Talbingo would have defiantly suffered. Not too sure about the transmission lines along the Snubba Range but the tower are fairly high. Also, that video of all the dead sheep along the road is near Wondalga before your climb up the range.. Know the paddock, just up from the Wondalga bridge, not at Batlow..

Don't know what is going to happen to my home town...... If you got this far, thanks for reading.... I'm done.       

Thanks for writing that, it's a wonderful if sad read.

I grew up in Cabramurra in the seventies, I've just learned that the school, ski club and many houses were lost including the one we lived in.

On the day the weather station just as you come into town registered 128km/h winds and a temp of 69.8C. Thank god the town had been evacuated.
2007 Jimboomba Maddison Staircase
1995 GQ DX Patrol TD42

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »
Quote from: rockrat
Love him or hate him, you’ve got to admire Warnie for putting his Baggy Green up for auction

Pickles Online

$315,500 Current Bid
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline ~!@LOCKER

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2020, 11:44:16 AM »
Hey Guys I am sick and tied of everyone trying to justify there existence by blaming others these days. This relates to the current fire crisis and society in general, nobody will take responsibility for anything and will just blame whoever they can.

While the issue of global warming is real, society continues to take the attitude it is somebodies problem to fix and just keeps plundering the planet.

We live in a consumer society where everyone is wanting the newest and best all the the time with no regard to the long term affects this will make on our planet. a classic examples are cars they are manufactured not to last because everyone wants a new car ever few years, same goes with mobile phones.

Even renewable energy has major problems as solar panels will never recoup the the carbon and energy debt created in manufacturing the panel (when you factor in the mining of the materials, the energy used to create those materials and the transporting of those products around the world).

Here's a thought how about we put the planet first and look at the entire picture, if we we build things to last and use less energy and consume less in the long term everyone wins.

Everyone individually can make a difference if we just be happy with what we have and not try and keep up with the Jones's.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2020, 01:59:06 PM »
Hey Guys I am sick and tied of everyone trying to justify there existence by blaming others these days. This relates to the current fire crisis and society in general, nobody will take responsibility for anything and will just blame whoever they can.

While the issue of global warming is real, society continues to take the attitude it is somebodies problem to fix and just keeps plundering the planet.

We live in a consumer society where everyone is wanting the newest and best all the the time with no regard to the long term affects this will make on our planet. a classic examples are cars they are manufactured not to last because everyone wants a new car ever few years, same goes with mobile phones.

Even renewable energy has major problems as solar panels will never recoup the the carbon and energy debt created in manufacturing the panel (when you factor in the mining of the materials, the energy used to create those materials and the transporting of those products around the world).

Here's a thought how about we put the planet first and look at the entire picture, if we we build things to last and use less energy and consume less in the long term everyone wins.

Everyone individually can make a difference if we just be happy with what we have and not try and keep up with the Jones's.

Yep, I'm willing to live in a cave.....But you 1st, and I'll follow.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2020, 02:30:55 PM »
So if even renewable energy has its problem, as does coal and nuclear, what do we do?

We as consumers are energy hungry, from every thing we produce including food so how does one suggest we reduce our reliance on energy.

Life as we know it will continue to advance with new technologies, what they are is beyond me, there are far smarter people than me out there working on these things.

As for keeping up with the Jones’s I don’t know anyone by that name.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
Bloody parents ...How dare they put aside their differences and have sex, that time ..... Bloody thoughtless and inconsiderate it was ..
    Then look what happened ................... HELLO WORLD its me Mr ED ................................   :-* :-* ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline ~!@LOCKER

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:19 PM »
Guys I am not saying to live in a cave, simply look at the big picture. Technology is great but if it is not used wisely then we are worse off. Take LED lights they use less energy than older light technology, but what a lot of people have now done is used a lot more lights in their houses etc and leave them on all night. What happened to turn the lights of when you leave the room?

We can reduce energy used in a lot of simple ways, for example use a clothesline to dry clothes instead of a dryer, a lot of houses now a days don't even have a clothes line. It's our decision on how live and use our resources, please don't go blaming others when we all part of the problem and equally part of the solution.

We all need to be aware of our actions in the the big picture

The following users thanked this post: Mace, wakychapmans

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
Yes you're right (& welcome to MySwag BTW ;D), but I think you'll find that a lot of the members on here are already in agreement with you about repairing / reusing & so on.

Unfortunately, the world we now live in is "throw it away & get a new one", usually because there's no facility to repair the old item :'(

I replaced a ~4 year old electric razor as a Chrissie present. The old one was working fine until it got knocked off the bench a couple of months ago, a tiny piece of plastic inside the head broke, & the cutter heads wouldn't stay properly in place any more :'(

Repairable ??? - nup, as there are NO spare parts available.

& don't get me started on computer drivers! >:(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #660 on: January 07, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »
Guys I am not saying to live in a cave, simply look at the big picture. Technology is great but if it is not used wisely then we are worse off. Take LED lights they use less energy than older light technology, but what a lot of people have now done is used a lot more lights in their houses etc and leave them on all night. What happened to turn the lights of when you leave the room?

We can reduce energy used in a lot of simple ways, for example use a clothesline to dry clothes instead of a dryer, a lot of houses now a days don't even have a clothes line. It's our decision on how live and use our resources, please don't go blaming others when we all part of the problem and equally part of the solution.

We all need to be aware of our actions in the the big picture

Until you can get rid of mans greed your flogging a dead horse.  I agree that we need a drastic change but that wont happen until its too late.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2020, 04:44:31 PM »
Until you can get rid of mans greed your flogging a dead horse.  I agree that we need a drastic change but that wont happen until its too late.
Greed,
We have a winner folks.
Spot on mate.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2020, 05:50:49 PM »
Think we're wandering off track a bit?

I peeked in here to see if there was some local info on the fires, not for a climate debate. If you feel compelled to start a discussion about climate change, how bout starting a specific thread just for that?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2020, 05:56:05 PM »
Yep agree Spada

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2020, 06:22:52 PM »

I peeked in here to see if there was some local info on the fires, not for a climate debate. If you feel compelled to start a discussion about climate change, how bout starting a specific thread just for that?
Agree.

If a Climate Change thread is started be kind to each other or the subject will permanently go in the bin and keep religion and politics company.
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2020, 09:17:17 PM »
Agree.

If a Climate Change thread is started be kind to each other or the subject will permanently go in the bin and keep religion and politics company.
There was one but it has already been locked! I don’t know what tools moderators have available but rather than locking the whole thread, is it possible to just lock individuals who don’t place nice from posting to the specific thread in question?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2020, 05:28:58 AM »

Spot on buddy. It’s getting a little out of hand and at times rammed down out throats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2020, 08:12:36 AM »
I don't think CC can be debated nicely. No one seems to have a middle ground on the subject,
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
I don't think CC can be debated nicely. No one seems to have a middle ground on the subject,
agree
if people wanna - try here

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2020, 09:10:27 AM »
You're wrong!  I do!!

Hang on I'm arguing about not arguing.  ;D
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #670 on: January 08, 2020, 09:14:38 AM »
agree
if people wanna - try here

https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/

Yep, many an hour could be wasted there  sifting through all the "stuff".....
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #671 on: January 10, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
Just reading this about rain in the Hunter Valley :D

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-10/drought-hunter-rejoice-after-patchy-rain/11856490

Liquid garbage flowing down the Creek, but great to see for all that :cup:

Although lots, lots more needed all over the place!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #672 on: January 10, 2020, 10:01:42 AM »
Will it happen?

Royal commission, federal inquiry into bushfires flagged

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has flagged that there could be both a federal inquiry and royal commission into bushfires across the country, as the country faces another day of extreme fire danger in some parts of the state.

Mr Morrison also said that states will receive their share of an initial $60 million fund for councils on Friday, with 42 local government areas to receive at least $1 million each to spend at their discretion.

"That money goes to state governments today and I'm sure they'll deploy that to councils as soon as possible," Mr Morrison told 2GB on Friday morning.

"We want the cash getting there, we don't want a lot of paperwork."
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #673 on: January 10, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »
42 local government areas to receive at least $1 million each to spend at their discretion.

Why is it that my nasty, cynical side immediately thought of lots of ads saying how much your Council is doing for you right now :'(

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #674 on: January 10, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »
Why is it that my nasty, cynical side immediately thought of lots of ads saying how much your Council is doing for you right now :'(
What like

'WA Emergency Services Levy funding used to pay for $100,000 worth of artwork at fire stations'
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-09/emergency-services-levy-money-spent-on-wa-fire-station-artworks/11853124
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home