Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512396 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
It'll be all over by tea. One way or another. I'll try & post a pic tomorrow

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Ok thanks for the predictions and I'm sure you are right and Australia will have a mighty victory hurrah!

Can someone tell me the actual score now and not a premonition of the scores at the end of the test serious?

Looks to me like England are actually in front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Looks to me like England are actually in front?

LOLOLOL
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

nbd73

The definition of who is in front in test cricket is a little hard to give. At any one particular point in a time a team may be doing well, but it depends who you support and it can change so quickly. To suggest Aus will win for sure is not being fair to the poms, or respectful of history. Collapses happen as both teams have demonstrated this series, and in England 5 months ago.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Collapses happen as both teams have demonstrated this series, and in England 5 months ago.

The only collapse tomorrow will be Pietersen into his beer when we win by 5 wickets ;D

What's with him pulling away every over and time wasting, not really in the spirit of the game.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
As I said before, again with the prediction lol

Can some just tell me what the scoreboard says right now?

I really can't find it anywhere because anyone that knows anything about cricket turns into a politician and talks Shit.

The scoreboard I found said England won the first innings by 41 points and got 179 in the second and Australia was now batting at 30/0.

I will be the first to admit I know nothing about cricket but it looks like a fact that England won the first innings?

And are ahead in the second innings?

And if Australia were unable to continue batting right now, England would win.

England are ahead right now?

England could still win this game?

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I will be the first to admit I know nothing about cricket but it looks like a fact that England won the first innings?

And are ahead in the second innings?

And if Australia were unable to continue batting right now, England would win.

England are ahead right now?

England could still win this game?

You don't win until it is over. AUS are ahead at this stage due to the Poms not being able to take 10 wickets in the series. The Poms can win tomorrow if AUS don't turn up :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
or fail again like they did in the first innings
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
OK, Now We Rock - all happy Just Jinxed the team you know We suck at cricket....
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
Ok so England is winning, hurrah!

Australia lost the first innings by 41 and now have to equal the 179 England got in the second innings plus the 41 that Australia lost by in the first inning to catch up and win.

I'm sure Australia will win but they have a bit of catching up to do.

Offline Jasen

• Tent User

or fail again like they did in the first innings

Yes looks like Australia had a shocker in the first innings.

You guys must have been very disappointed in the Australians failure in the first innings.

Good to see the Poms getting back on top!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
You guys must have been very disappointed in the Australians failure in the first innings.

Yeah, really disappointed ;D

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
I don't think that's how cricket is scored is it? I thought it was 3.0 in the matches and then wiped clean for the 4th match in which England is winning. I don't think you get to pick your 3 highest scoring batsmen and claim the win.

As I said I don't know much about cricket but I'm sure someone will be able to explain how it works?

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Ok the cricket is on the UK news now and they don't sound very positive lol

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Just wondering where you come from Jasen that you don't know much about cricket
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I don't think that's how cricket is scored is it? I thought it was 3.0 in the matches and then wiped clean for the 4th match in which England is winning.

Nobody wins until it is finished...

Ok the cricket is on the UK news now and they don't sound very positive lol

I just watched Botham talking about the Pommy team, he was scathing and said 'they just weren't turning up to play test cricket'. Pretty accurate and comes from a respected ex-Pom player.

Just wondering where you come from Jasen that you don't know much about cricket

He's a Pom :laugh:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
I'm from a small town in the UK called Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.

I grew up in that 17 year Ashes black hole where cricket was hardly mentioned lol

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
At least I have my Australian passport to get back into the country with so I don't have to suffer the humiliation dished out at the boarder!

Offline DarWen

• Soft Floor Camper User
I'm from a small town in the UK called Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.

I grew up in that 17 year Ashes black hole where cricket was hardly mentioned lol

Hi Jasen, I hope that this explains how to win a Test a match for you. Each team gets 2 innings to bat and bowl, if one of the teams can bowl out the other team in both innings for less runs than they have scored then they win. if they can't bowl them out inside the 5 days then it's a draw. As the 4th test stands Aus. has to score just over 200 runs without losing 10 wickets in 2 days to win. i hope this helps.

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
How is the big bash? If nothing else its entertaining. I can understand why some people like T20, but I much prefer the skill and patients of test cricket. An love the  :cheers: at a 50 over game live!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Make sense and there is still hope lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Me thinks Jansen maybe bullish!tying us here. Comes from england & just happens to be here when ashes series is on & claims to know nothing about cricket. Doesn't seem likely. :-)

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Jasen

• Tent User
Lol no you are a bit confused. I'm originally from the UK but have lived in Australia for 6 1/2 years and have duel nationality.
I'm back in the UK now for Christmas.
I went past Lords on my way through and the Ashes are still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
Me thinks Jansen maybe bullish!tying us here. Comes from england & just happens to be here when ashes series is on & claims to know nothing about cricket. Doesn't seem likely. :-)

Me thinks Jasen is trolling. Cricinfo, smh and the other fairfax media outlets all have the exact to the minute scores without reference to either side having won before they have. His constant referral to the p155y little cup that some 11 year old girl made also suggests it.

Hopefully it will be another 16+ years before the Yorkshire county side with a mix of former commonwealth players ever get to claim the title of ashes winners again for England.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:44:31 AM by achjimmy »
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado