Author Topic: Home Alarm Systems  (Read 6450 times)

Offline hylux

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Home Alarm Systems
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
Agree with Fiesty, also being in the industry 35 years. Only things i would add is use wired alarm system not wireless. In years to come you may find parts obsolete. Being wired you can connect any type of sensor.
Those with pets, wanting "Pet Ammune Detectors" i don't find there are any 100% reliable.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 09:18:54 PM »
Interesting, few weeks ago cops turned up asking if my 4wd was broken into... no, we aren't #4 and pointed to the right house...

Tonight cops turn up on door again - the bloke over road has had his number plates knocked off, he saw my cameras and could I look and see what i could see.

Very interesting how there is traffic in our dead end street at 2.17:20 one night small sedan, looks like a Golf - and 3.38:00 the next night - a late model white GU with some serious lights onboard...

So started going through footage, and saw that this blokes # plates weren't stolen last night but the night before, between 4.30 and 5.30 when 2 cars when his neighbours left for work, I their headlights shone on his ute.

I then remembered my car alarm went off I think it was the same morning around the similar times... but I ran out and saw nothing.

So went over to discuss what I found with the dude across road, and I said not last night but the night before - his wife pipes up - that's when his other neighbours got their car gone through (they leave the cars open so nobody breaks windows - theres some logic there, just not sure what), ... Then they were saying xmas eve the bloke next door to the original 4wd that was broken into was done and the bloke down bottom of hill on corner got done too. WTF?

So I then called my sparky mate to come fix our sensor lights - turns out a white GU and small red car went through their street Mon/Tuesday and he has video of 2 kids entering his street after the GU went in, and 40 mins later the kids running out... He said these scrotes went though cars - he is 1klm as crow flies on opposite side of main road.

Week before that he was outside having a cancer stick at 1am after finishing paperwork, heard footsteps in the gravel outside his garage... - thought it was odd, walked out and spotted 2 kids trying to get into his work van - in his Y fronts (visions of GeoffA chasing the dudes tryin to steal his GU story coming up here LMAO) - he chased them down the road, then realized what he was wearing chasing 2 kids, and also had no phone etc. He has good footage of these little ****s to give to cops, not that anything will ever happen to them.

I was surprised how many cars at all times of night are traveling our tiny st... and how many scrotes walking the street during the day....  Maybe a bit naive?

Cameras I feel are worth looking into this stuff people even if just for peace of mind. I think I can fit 4 more on my setup, and I'm going to see if i can fit more, but I think HD space on the recorder may suffer then... might need a 10TB drive
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:28:13 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 07:04:55 AM »
Cameras I feel are worth looking into this stuff people even if just for peace of mind. I think I can fit 4 more on my setup, and I'm going to see if i can fit more, but I think HD space on the recorder may suffer then... might need a 10TB drive

I'm using all Hikvision (their IP cameras are a higher pixel rate) gear recording on loop to a 2tb drive (or maybe its a 3?). with 6 cameras I can fit 7 days worth before it overwrites. On motion sensitive it stores 5 weeks worth.

The NVR has 8 ports, so some time soon I'd like to ad another 2 cameras.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »
I'm using all Hikvision (their IP cameras are a higher pixel rate) gear recording on loop to a 2tb drive (or maybe its a 3?). with 6 cameras I can fit 7 days worth before it overwrites. On motion sensitive it stores 5 weeks worth.

The NVR has 8 ports, so some time soon I'd like to ad another 2 cameras.
yea mines 3TB... 8 port with current 4 cameras.. going round mates in minute to grab 2 more cameras to get fitted... also getting more lights fitted outside.

Apparently they have been doing lots of streets in this area, and also down 20mins south towards Keiths place... same 2 cars keep getting mentioned- small red car (I think is Golf from my footage), and certainly a late model White GU patrol - probably DX as it appears to have black flairs on it.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »
A house down the road got broken into through a window on Xmas eve... The thief was met inside the house by the families Rottweiler :D

Apparently the neighbours were woken up by screams  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: Not sure what happened to that one but cant wait to find out :D
Chloroform, and feed the scrote to the rotty seems fair to me !
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
A house down the road got broken into through a window on Xmas eve... The thief was met inside the house by the families Rottweiler :D

Apparently the neighbours were woken up by screams  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: Not sure what happened to that one but cant wait to find out :D

He'll probably sue them for trauma, pain and suffering..... ::)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:28:25 PM by GeoffA »
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »

Do that & I'm going to report you to the RSPCA :police:

No idea what effect chloroform might have on Pup! ;D >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »
yea mines 3TB... 8 port with current 4 cameras.. going round mates in minute to grab 2 more cameras to get fitted... also getting more lights fitted outside.

Put up a decent Infared flood near your cameras, You can get them in 12v and run them with a garden transformer, but the 240v jobbies are far better. They'll help you get a much better image at night.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »
Quote from: Spada
Put up a decent Infared flood near your cameras, You can get them in 12v and run them with a garden transformer, but the 240v jobbies are far better. They'll help you get a much better image at night.
Sweet - nice info, I'll ask Pete about em.

The NVR can take 8TB... so off to MSY on Monday :)

Just backed up to USB for the cops 1am to 6.30am for 2 nights and was shocked at the size of the backup! 10g...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:47:31 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2019, 10:46:51 PM »
@bird will have to talk to you about your setup when I see you Mr... Need to put cameras in at the new joint

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
He'll probably sue them for trauma, pain and suffering..... ::)
Not to mention loss of income ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk