Author Topic: Kings Electrical stuff  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Kings Electrical stuff
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:49 PM »
Yep the hand pump stopped working fixed it two times then gave up on it, , mite just have the dunny chemical in a 4lt bottle to flush it with, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Comfortablynumb

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2020, 05:44:03 PM »
Bought a 5 bar light kit form Kings.

Used it once, so far). Works great! Surprisingly better than I thought it was going to be.

So much so, I'm gonna go back there and buy a 3 or 4 bar kit to add on to it.

As above, some of their stuff is nasty. Flat pack fire pit would make a pretty good gong substitute!

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »

Used it once, so far). Works great! Surprisingly better than I thought it was going to be.

As above, some of their stuff is nasty. Flat pack fire pit would make a pretty good gong substitute!

Just make sure you do not bend the connection to the led strip when packing them, this appears to be a weak point in the kits I have, done a few repairs but no complaints about the light output.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru
The following users thanked this post: Comfortablynumb

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 06:34:28 PM »

Just plugged in my 4m LED strip (same LEDs as the 5 bar kit) and they are a really nice bright white light (as opposed to the purplish ones from eBay.) The 4 bar kit LEDs aren't as bright with smaller LEDs but still the nice white colour.

I'd happily recommend them, from memory they are pulling less amps than the crap ones I got from eBay as well.

Offline Comfortablynumb

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »
Just plugged in my 4m LED strip (same LEDs as the 5 bar kit) and they are a really nice bright white light (as opposed to the purplish ones from eBay.) The 4 bar kit LEDs aren't as bright with smaller LEDs but still the nice white colour.

I'd happily recommend them, from memory they are pulling less amps than the crap ones I got from eBay as well.

With all 5 light bars going PLUS 2 orange LED bars as an extension, they were drawing .7 of an amp.

Offline bkim

• Tent User
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »
I have 2 x 4 bar kings kits for well over 3 years now, never had the slightest problem, they have been exposed to several long periods of days with torrential rain as well, so the connections have been well tested for waterproofing!

Only bought them, because I wanted some to do a quick trip, and planned to buy better quality later on, the way they are going, it's going to be a long time before I need to upgrade!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:45:52 AM by bkim »

Offline Heavensent

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2020, 09:53:59 AM »
I stay away from kungs personally.

Young fella had a subscription for a while.
Scored 5x led strip lights for camping with couple of renewals
Hate to admit but they not bad, except the dimmer/on off switch is cheap and nasty.
Thier tool kits arent bad for price and i like design of screw drivers so sockets can fit on end and hit them with hsmmer, but i chipped tip off Phillips head one bit too easy for my liking.

Swags, i looked at them and honestly you could see how much more they sagged in middle.
Ended up going darche while on sale, happy i went that way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Comfortablynumb

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »
I stay away from kungs personally.

Young fella had a subscription for a while.
Scored 5x led strip lights for camping with couple of renewals
Hate to admit but they not bad, except the dimmer/on off switch is cheap and nasty.
Thier tool kits arent bad for price and i like design of screw drivers so sockets can fit on end and hit them with hsmmer, but i chipped tip off Phillips head one bit too easy for my liking.

Swags, i looked at them and honestly you could see how much more they sagged in middle.
Ended up going darche while on sale, happy i went that way.

It's a bit of a case of pick and choose, no?

Son in law wanted a camp stretcher. Kings is rated for 200kg (he's a Maori, the usual economy size they come in). Both the display models in the showroom were broken. Tabs snapped off the end. Walked past them and left them there.

The air compressor, however is fairly decent for the price. As long as you aren't trying to inflate 4 vehicles worth of tyres up to road pressure from sand pressure, they'll be fine.

Their driving lights look to give decent brightness, but I'm not keen on the plastic brackets. 10 mins worth of decent corrugations and they'd be toast I reckon.
The following users thanked this post: PWE

Offline Lobster

• Tent User
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »
We also have thier Carry Bag for the toilet and two other bags for various things. they suit the purpose ok :cheers:

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »
We also have thier Carry Bag for the toilet

so... their bags ain't Shit?

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2020, 07:06:02 PM »
I got one of the first double swags, it’s really good. Full canvas, edging is canvas, pole loops are canvas, rope tie downs and eyelets canvas. Zips seem pretty good too. Bag was canvas and big enough to leave the bedding in the swag.

The second one I bought in 2018 was only canvas on the main swag. All edging, pole loops and tie points are crappy nylon and the stitching is a bit iffy. Bag is also nylon and you can barely fit the rolled up swag on its own, really need to get it tight to fit the straps around it. Half the amount of eyelets on the base too.

They both work fine but the newer nylon one is showing more signs it will fail first. My advice is go to the shop and check out the gear in person. A bit hard with electrical items I suppose!!!!!
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »

Their driving lights look to give decent brightness, but I'm not keen on the plastic brackets. 10 mins worth of decent corrugations and they'd be toast I reckon.

I've had a set of their led driving lights for approx 3 yrs. No plastic brackets on mine. For a copy of ARB lights, I reckon they are great.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline BC66

• Tent User
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »
I've had a set of their led driving lights for approx 3 yrs. No plastic brackets on mine. For a copy of ARB lights, I reckon they are great.
Same
I have the 9 inch Osram set. Metal brackets and throw a good light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
I've had a couple of sets of their LED spotties now and found them great
No plastic, good mounts and the wiring loom worked great. Only complaint is it's a bit too long but that beats being short

If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Lobster

• Tent User
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »
so... their bags ain't Shit?
Literally. They are also made better than some of the BFC we looked at. :cheers:

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2020, 01:50:54 PM »
Literally. They are also made better than some of the BFC we looked at. :cheers:

I’d vouch for their bags
I have a few of the clear top ones
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »
After some feedback
Kings have a wider range of electrical stuff, from BCDC chargers to action dash cams.
Are their electrical stuff still as crap as before?
I bought a VMS and engine monitor a couple of years again. They last about three months before I place them in the bin.
Old thread I know but just for some feedback

I have a Ctek D250s, I didn’t buy it from kings, but it is an excellent product. 20Amp charge and solar input, not at the same time though.

The redarc ripoffs I don’t know, I have not bought one, but why would you chance a knock off product  @ $350 to save $20 when they sell Ctek

1500watt inverter, it says pure sine wave. I have not used an oscillascope to verify, but it hasn’t fried my sensitive electronics. It works well every time. That’s the plus
Negative. It alarms at 1200watts, perhaps momentary load of 1500watts, but not full duty cycle.
Just as a note it will pull 106 amps at 1200 watts, so make sure you have heavy duty rated cable suppling it an no long cable run, unless you want a fire

Seemed like a good product,
Turns out it’s a piece of crap.  Approximately 14 months old, display rarely works on the handset, poor instructions on operation and buttons. It’s trail and error to find out what a button does. Intermittently will not turn on, or is on but will not change channel or volume.
On a positive note, it always turns off

Overall king’s electronics are junk
 As previously said, spotlights are mostly good, canvas products also

Lloyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lobster

• Tent User
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »
I've had a couple of sets of their LED spotties now and found them great
No plastic, good mounts and the wiring loom worked great. Only complaint is it's a bit too long but that beats being short

Our loom was a bit short between the Pos and Neg terminals.  I had to solder about 4 inches to make it fit ok.