Author Topic: Bodgey Brothers Budget Backyard Buildups - Sh*tbox Rally 2015  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
Bodgey Brothers Budget Backyard Buildups - Sh*tbox Rally 2015
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:32:49 AM »
Greetings fellow Myswaggers

Just a little right up to tell you about the Journey myself and my best mate are about to undertake.

We have been accepted to the Sh*tbox Rally before, I am aware of other swaggers who have taken part or discussed taking part in the past, but for those of you who have not heard of it I will explain a bit about it.

We will be travelling as part of 200 teams from Canberra to Townville via the Birdsville Track. Cool trip but the you complicate it by only allowing us to use 2wd vehicles worth less than $1000 bucks and that makes it a little more challenging and to top it off we are doing it in 7 days. The reason behind this is we are raising money for the cancer council.

I can't tell you what we will be driving at the moment because we are trying to build a little bit of hype and mystery on our Facebook page, however I am working on a reveal video and all will be revealed in the next day or two (hopefully)

The main reason for my post is to introduce my team to everyone and hopefully garnish some support from the community.

Presently we are looking for Donations and/or sponsors, I will post all of our links and details below

Cancer has touched both mine and my mates lives, we have both lost 2 grandparents to it so it is a fairly raw topic with us, We also think it is worth doing because it is the type of non discriminatory disease that has touched I reckon pretty much everyone at some point. If anyone feels at all like supporting our cause please head over to our Everyday Hero page. As it is for the Cancer Council all donations over $2 are tax deductible.

Some links for everyone:

Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bodgeybrothersbbb

Our Everyday Hero Page: https://sh*tboxrally2015.everydayhero.com/au/bodgey-brother-budget-backyard-buildups (will have to copy this link as the swearing filter thingy has blocked the nasty words out but just copy and replace the star with the letter I and that will take you there. Or it is posted regularly on our Facebook page)

Twitter for all the twitter peeps out there: @BodgeyBrothers

Also we have a youtube page which we are starting to fire up, Just search for Bodgey Brothers Budget Backyard Buildups

Feel free to PM me on here if you have any questions or would like some info on sponsorship options, or you can email us at: bodgeybrothersbbb@gmail.com

I will post up updates and things as we go and will do a trip write up when we get going, hopefully along the way if time and mobile reception will allow it. In the meantime please feel free to head over to our Facebook page and like and share us as often as you can.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Bodgey Brothers Budget Backyard Buildups - Sh*tbox Rally 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:29:15 AM »
I can now add a link to our reveal video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dgmwnsJmU

please forgive the amateur video production skills, we are working with limited knowledge and resources in that department, it seems our creative production team is also our learning mechanical team, our fundraising and bbq cooking team as well as the driving team for the event.

Hopefully some of you fantastic swaggers can find a 5 or a 10 to help us on our way, we are hoping to have $4000 by February so we have got around $1500 to go so anybody who can help us we would really really appreciate it

Offline markg66

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • yippee ki yay MF
    • Murrumba Pistol Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:08:19 AM »
Donated
Jayco 2000 Eagle Outback.
If it isn't 50% off it aint a discount.

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 01:24:00 AM »
Thanks heaps Mark  :D

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am just gonna keep popping up on here to let people know where we are up to, there has been a little bit of interest and hopefully each time we can pick up a donation or two.

We are currently sitting at $2800 just $1200 bucks to go, We are still looking for sponsors so If there is any one around that might be interested or just wants to make a donation, feel free to give me a hoi

The car is coming along, almost back together now so we can start on the mechanical stuff shortly, I changed the Carby today, seats and console and stuff will go in tomorrow and then hopefully onto the brakes

So there it is, hopefully these updates are not bugging people too much, We appreciate the support we have received thus far, donation link is in the post above and so is the facebook page, so hop over like the page, share our updates and stuff and hopefully we can get this $1200 together by the end of February.

Cheers

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:22 PM »
We have got some money to put into the Cancer Councils bank next week after we complete another BBQ this weekend but thought this would be a great time to post a donation link. We are only around $750 away from our target of $4000 now and are still hopeful to get there by the end of February if not sooner, If you have been toying with the idea of donating now is a great time.

Help us take the fight to cancer, follow the link to get to our Everyday Hero fundraising page:

https://Shitboxrally2015.everydayhero.com/au/bodgey-brother-budget-backyard-buildups

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:30:26 AM »
It's been a while since we have posted up here, we have been really busy sorting thing out with getting the car roadworthy and we are almost there. We are looking for a Tyre sponsor, we want to put 205 70 15 or a 215 All terrain's on it so we don't have to stress about the rough roads wrecking our tyres and slowing us down. If anybody on here knows a tyre business in Melbourne that would be happy to sponsor us, please put us in touch with them, we are getting the run around a bit off a few that we have spoken to and we are running out of time now.

Any help is appreciated, Please guys if you haven't already have a look at our facebook page jump on and like it, we will start posting pretty frequently on there. https://www.facebook.com/bodgeybrothersbbb

All proceeds raised are going to support the Cancer Council with it's many initiatives with research and support to people suffering from this dreadful disease.

All donations over $2 are tax deductible and can be made on our Everyday Hero page : https://sh*tboxrally2015.everydayhero.com/au/bodgey-brother-budget-backyard-buildups (* replacing the I for the swear filter)

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:23:03 AM »
So we found something new. A 1985 ZL Fairlane. Free to good home for us. We retrieved it from the paddock it was in, put a distributor module in it, unseized the handbrake and drove it home. Took it for a roadworthy and nearly fell over. The roadworthy check was donated but it left us with a list with 47 items to correct ranging from light globes to door hinges to a bent crossmember oh and some rust. Panic ensued and we started slowly picking away at the list got about 10 things done, took it to another mechanic and it came back with a list of 8 things that needed fixing, amazing how differently the rules are interpreted.

That was 4 weeks ago and a whole heap of work and time spent has resulted in another check, Roadworthy certificate being issued, a car club joined and the car registered on a club Permit yesterday.

Now it is time to get it into get painted and prepped ready to go. Photos of that process will follow, but for now some photos of the work so far check out our photobucket:

http://s980.photobucket.com/user/chubb380/slideshow/Freddy%20the%20Fairlane

We have just 41 days to go so if anyone has any spare monies that they can throw at us we are always gladly accepting donations through our everyday hero page: https://Shitboxrally2015.everydayhero.com/au/bodgey-brother-budget-backyard-buildups

Every little bit helps and donations over $10 I mean $2 are tax deductible (must be early in the morning)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:38:23 AM by Chubbyone »

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:43:28 AM »
If you run into a couple, Rusty & Nat, Tell them that Mark from Rams Baseball said to say Hi.

Regards

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Chubbyone

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »
We bought a domain name the other day as they were on special :-). Donations can now be made by visiting www.bodgeybrothers.com

There is 1 Month until we leave, getting excited but a little frantic trying to finish things off around work and stuff, but we will get there.

BigDog816

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:46 PM »
We went past the rally last year and a number of vehicles that appeared to be having technical difficulties on the side of the road.  We looked it up on the web and it looked like a great idea.  From memory it was a mini/easier version.  You raised your money, rocked up, bought a car at auction from the organisers then off you went. 

Looks like good fun and a good cause.  Donation coming soon.