Author Topic: "historical" jayco info?  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Hefty

• Soft Floor Camper User
"historical" jayco info?
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »
Howdy all,
Does anyone know where/how to find info on what models of camper (swan, finch, eagle etc) jayco made in different years? I'm after floor layouts and dimensions etc too. I'm hoping there's some sort of magic silver bullet answer but expecting there probably isn't one.
I know I can call the company but I presume they'd rather sell new ones than drag out archive-type info on old ones.

Any help greatly appreciated1
Cheers!
Jono.

"Roads?!...Where we're going we don't need roads!"

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: "historical" jayco info?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »
wikipedia has a bit of history from the USA  .. first jayco pop top built Oz in 1975 .. not much on floorplans etc check the link sources at the bottom of its page .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
G'day Jono,
Their plans have stayed the same over the years, altho you could have it customized to you needs at time of purchase.
This link might Floor plans
We have an 82 model Swan, it doesn't have the Buffet on the right as you go up the steps.
I have seen an 82 Eagle with dual axles and a double standup cupboard(chassis must of been 600 longer in the floor plan) and the same floor plan as ours, except the bed ends were the same size(Swan has a different size beds at each end)
Hope this helps
 :cheers: 
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:52:26 AM »
It's very difficult to find out genuine information on early model Jayco's. I've been there.
I tried searching for a few things for my 2002 Jayco and there was next to nothing available or information was not completely clear.

I resorted to contacting Jayco for the information required..................    technical@jayco.com.au

:cheers:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:54:40 AM by cruiser 91 »
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 06:34:07 AM »
I have seen an 82 Eagle with dual axles

They were called Jayswan's and Jayhawk's.  I looked at buying a tandem Jayswan about 5 years ago. 16-17ft from memory, huge layout, but long with a big rear overhang.  Because of the overhang and rear weight, the 75mm C channel chassis had drooped almost 40mm behind the rear axle.   Apparently it was pretty common.  They also use the same 4 post lifting system, just with allot if extra roof weight.

The following users thanked this post: Hairs