Author Topic: Brisbane Caranvan and Camping show June 4-10  (Read 17555 times)

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
Re: Brisbane Caranvan and Camping show June 4-10
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »
Thanks Jenko will go in early then should be fine we went way to early last time lol sat outside for an hour with a 3 week old baby must admit we were treated like royalty by the female nomads.

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
Thanks Jenko will go in early then should be fine we went way to early last time lol sat outside for an hour with a 3 week old baby must admit we were treated like royalty by the female nomads.

Hey mate, where are you coming from? I found it quicker for me, I'm in the western suburbs, go ICB, Off at RBH, left onto Bowen bridge road, then right into Campbell Street, then second right into Wren street (one way street), this will loop you around to O'Connell street, turn left and the car park is basically there on your right. you don't have to line up behind all the vehicles that travelled down from Brooke's Street and Hamilton Place,

Cheers

Scott

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2014, 05:22:51 AM »
Hey mate, where are you coming from? I found it quicker for me, I'm in the western suburbs, go ICB, Off at RBH, left onto Bowen bridge road, then right into Campbell Street, then second right into Wren street (one way street), this will loop you around to O'Connell street, turn left and the car park is basically there on your right. you don't have to line up behind all the vehicles that travelled down from Brooke's Street and Hamilton Place,

Cheers

Scott

Ippy mate, will give that a go

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »
We headed in yesterday. 4 hours of waking.

Checked out the Mirage, it was a good looking bit of kit. Big trailer.

We have a lifestyle camper, so we headed over to their site. Was a bit disappointed in specials. Unless you were keen to buy a new camper, they were not interested in selling or providing any other show specials. We had a few upgrades we wanted to purchase (probably a $1000 in total) but they would not budge from RRP.

Oh well, grabbed a few other bits and pieces for the Prado and some safety equipment.

Checked out a few caravans, this reinforced to us that we were not interested in trading in the camper to a van just yet

Cheers

Justin

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 08:46:28 AM »
Dropped in yesterday arvo for a few hours.............could have spent all day walking around.

Grabbed a few more sand pegs for XMAS......

the wife fell I love with the conqueror 360

I fell in love with the IVECO scrubmaster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
I fell in love with the IVECO scrubmaster

It looked like a Latte drinking Bushmaster lol but was a nice bit of kit as well

Offline mickmac42

• Swag User
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »
Once again i walk away from a 4WD/Caravan & Camping show disappointed :'( . Took the missus to show her the CT's i was interested in. We were both thoroughly impressed with the Aussie Swag. I had been leaning towards a KK, but that Aussie Swag is just such a solid piece of kit. My disappointment didn't come from not getting a CT. That plan has been shelved while we build a house. I went to the show specifically to get a good price on 2 Black Wolf mega deluxe sleeping mats, two 60l Evakool iceboxes, and either an RV5 with front and side panels, or an F30X with front and side panels.

The iceboxes were the same price as currently available in the Club BCF sale. Not interested in going any lower.

The sleeping mats were the same story. Could have gotten the same price at Downunder Camping.

The RV5 was more expensive at the show than at BCF.

The only good price i got was on the F30X, which was $100 less than in stores. That's hardly a big deal though. I'm sure if i went to Downunder camping and told them i wanted to buy all of the above, they'd give me a good deal anyway... without having to pay for parking and entry.

Mike
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline komaterpillar

• Tent User
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »
One place I walked into at the show had their RRP massively inflated and then their "sale price" was the normal market price eg. Coleman hot water on demand their RRP: 399 sale price : 229, I can get one for 229 any day of the week at my local bloke
ALL THE GEAR, NO IDEA  ;D

The British Tug

The Chinese Trailer

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
One place I walked into at the show had their RRP massively inflated and then their "sale price" was the normal market price eg. Coleman hot water on demand their RRP: 399 sale price : 229, I can get one for 229 any day of the week at my local bloke

x 2 for my local guy.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
Once again i walk away from a 4WD/Caravan & Camping show disappointed :'( . Took the missus to show her the CT's i was interested in. We were both thoroughly impressed with the Aussie Swag. I had been leaning towards a KK, but that Aussie Swag is just such a solid piece of kit. My disappointment didn't come from not getting a CT. That plan has been shelved while we build a house. I went to the show specifically to get a good price on 2 Black Wolf mega deluxe sleeping mats, two 60l Evakool iceboxes, and either an RV5 with front and side panels, or an F30X with front and side panels.

The iceboxes were the same price as currently available in the Club BCF sale. Not interested in going any lower.

The sleeping mats were the same story. Could have gotten the same price at Downunder Camping.

The RV5 was more expensive at the show than at BCF.

The only good price i got was on the F30X, which was $100 less than in stores. That's hardly a big deal though. I'm sure if i went to Downunder camping and told them i wanted to buy all of the above, they'd give me a good deal anyway... without having to pay for parking and entry.

Mike

Have to agree mate, I found most camp accessories were cheaper elsewhere, has been that way at every show... But having said that, I went to compare annexes no came away buying one so I was happy with that.

Scott

Offline GeckoJK

• Tent User
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
Agree that alot of the prices were inflated.... however at Korr Lighting i did pickup the 4 led camp light kit with 4 50cm led bars. with all the accessories. Complete with added bonus of 2 x 30cm led bars, 2 x 5 metre extension cables, 2 x dimmers, 2 x splitters, extra velro and zip ties, but the biggest suprise was them also throwing in the remote kit for nothing.
The kit normally cost $249 with no extras and i did pick it up for $249 with all the extras i mentioned. To me that was a pretty good deal.
Deon - 2014 ModCon EcoMate Forward Fold with all the gear! Tugged by a 2012 Gecko JK Shorty with tons of mods! Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/smadanoed

Offline GS

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The hand the turns the doorknob, opens the door...
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
My wife and I enjoyed wandering around the show today without the kids in tow or navigating through the weekend crowds.

Mainly looking at awning and annex options for our Goldstream.

Offline grizzly

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
Margaret and i spent all day Sunday ;D at the show looking at off rod caravans for future reference( when we win lottery :'() picked up 2400kw Yamaha generator and a set of square pots and a fry pan :D, was surprised there where no tow rigs on show ??? , we don't need to go again for a few years :laugh:.
Grizzly :cheers: