Author Topic: Xtrail Camper Trailers closed  (Read 38327 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Xtrail Camper Trailers closed
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2014, 07:27:49 PM »
Ummm, so he might have paid 85k??? What's your point? That's still 35k loss. My point is still well and truly proven.

Try around 80, yes that's still 30 loss on paper, however if that's a business lease you can write that off on tax so no big deal. Your point isn't proven...

Edit - I just realised you have a 120 Grande, they were never 90 new, around 78, you could get them high 60s new, so a 20 loss.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:43:03 PM by D4D »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »
The vast majority of new Prado's sold are sold for business purposes.
I lease my cars. No point not to. The depreciation, servicing, fuel etc and interest cost are tax deductible and  I can claim a substantial tax deduction for use in doing business.

But with every single Prado I have owned I have had to pay CGT because they actually get traded at a fair bit more than total cost.

I'd rather spend $100 or so dollars a week and drive a Prado than even stand in close proximity to a Great Wall ( to keep the rabbits out)

Yep and both imports but one is a piece of Shit.....like my old MDC trailer and one is not.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:53 PM »
Play nice people, just about had enough of this tit for tat BS considering its been done before, your all on notice

GG

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
Xtrail Camper Trailers closed
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
Play nice people, just about had enough of this tit for tat BS considering its been done before, your all on notice

GG

Apologies.  I will behave myself.

(I have been an argumentative little bugger of late......)

Sent from a mental ward somewhere.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »
This country IMO is rooted. We are no longer a proud country looking out for our fellow Aussie's, we've mostly become the Smith's or  Jones's  with the majority hell bent on having everything new, latest and greatest and for as little as possibly outlay or effort. This is multiplied largely by the huge ses pit of multiculturalism that refuse to assimilate and think being an Aussie is to run around waving a Chinese made Aussie flag on Australia day while chowing down on imported groceries. How many of those over payed "IMO" holden workers mentioned earlier drive holdens ?   Not to mention a stupid government that's handed over good money after bad to them without even acquiring a discounted fleet in return.
Go to Germany and have a look in the VW or BMW car park, I bet it's better than 80% full of cars the workers have produced. I use this as an example as someone mentioned the similarities between the counties.
Aussie business should also be a little prouder, looking to support other fellow Aussie's in manufacturing and supply not just becoming middle men passing on imported crap marked up while leasing a Prado or 200series to negate paying "some" tax. IMO as a country we should only be buying things from OS that can't be built or built to the same standards here and the government of this great land should be doing something to bolster this.
"AUSTRALIA" no longer the proud country. Now the, i want it, and I want it now country.
Just like credit. Buy now and the country pay's later,  Australia's becoming a consumption whore. Buy it, use it and throw it away and saying it was good value.

With aussie day just around the corner, do the country/your kids future a favor. Be proud to pay too much and buy something truly Australian, if you can find something other than some fruit, veg or meat.  lol

And there it is...  :cup:
Bob and Robyn

Offline Goose

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life turns on a dime.
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2014, 12:30:25 PM »
It's got nothing to do with 4wd action or multiculturalism(big stretch of a bow ever to randomly rant) it's a global economy now. Australia was traditionally isolated by distance giving us a very sheltered supply and demand economy. Now with an easily accessed global marketplace the old norms are out the window

Exactly. Economists have been talking about the 'global supply chain' for years. Australia just needs to adapt to this lack of shelter and find it's place in the global supply chain (i.e., materials and minerals, services, design and engineering) and in doing so still try to have an economy that is as robust and diversified as can be.

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
Perhaps I'm over simplifying it a bit...but wouldn't raising the cost for manufacturer's to import their wares help to stimulate our industries?
Bob and Robyn

Offline BT50_Cam

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
Hi All,
I took a bit of interest in the initial topic as to X-trail having to close their door after many years, and noticed that the Tambo that i have for sale seems to be a bit of a topic of discussion on and off in this thread. I don't wont to enter the Aus Vs Import discussion but I thought i would give you a quick little bit of feed back as to what i believe is making the sale of our trailer a little difficult based on people that are ringing me and the questions/responses they are giving me. 1st is as mentioned many a time, why buy my second hand trailer for $7500 when you can buy a brand new trailer with a 18ft tent, full annex, kitchen....etc for the same money. I would like to think build quality and quality of material R&d, etc.... 2nd is the company Ezytrail selling 2 campers one call a Tambo and the other a Cooper and are within 10 mins of "Tambo" so people looking at my campers within the same area. This is causing confusion and people are thinking that they are one in the same, when they are obviously completely different.
I can see that chinese campers are always going to be around, and for a lot of people they will be more than adequet and $$$ is most important, but for others they will have no end of troubles (And maybe put off campers for good). It seems to be very hit and miss and the imports, and if you have the skills and time it seems to possible to bring them up to an expectable level.
We have reduce the price to pretty much give away price to compete with the imports, but i won't give it away and I'm more than happy to just wait for the right buyer now.

Thanks for your time guys,

Cam

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
Quote from: Mrs smith
IMO as a country we should only be buying things from OS that can't be built or built to the same standards here and the government of this great land should be doing something to bolster this.
if only it was that simple.
Buy some Aussie made clothing or 4wd... Jeans, etc. There just isn't much manufacturing left here. What there is left here, is very expensive.. but all this has been done 2309458230984203498023948029348029348023948230948 times on this forum.

Mate of mine did a trade as a cobbler out of school in the 1980. I doubt its even a trade anymore. Much like panel beating, which has become remove/replace with cheap imported panels etc etc
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home