Author Topic: Interesting read on electric cars  (Read 146580 times)

Offline RebsWA

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Interesting read on electric cars
« Reply #1050 on: April 23, 2024, 10:01:39 PM »
keep it real
You don't stop laughing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop laughing

2006 TD LandCruiser Troopy LX  -  2015 Jayco Starcraft Outback (a Caravan...)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Interesting read on electric cars
« Reply #1051 on: Yesterday at 12:42:49 PM »
A fire is a fire.
True but different outcomes in a haystack vs hi-rise underground carpark or RoRo car carrier but I'll leave you with Bowen and Bandt to work it out.
If you're a revhead then a Tesla makes sense over hot Audi/BMW/Merc ICEs as they're all computers on wheels nowadays and cop the hefty depreciation and leave the out of warranty ownership to aspirationals. If you think you're buying an EV to change the weather then I have this bridge to sell you in Baltimore.

So for sensible folk that want to keep their licence we just want cheap functional transport so that rules out EVs as the Pros of car ownership costs discovered-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/news/hertz-to-sell-off-even-more-evs-as-depreciation-losses-mount/ar-AA1nIUCP
Why I've ordered a Corolla Cross hybrid for the missus to replace her 3 yr old Kia petrol shopping trolley and she might get it after Xmas. In any case with NVES starting Jan1 there's no way Toyota are selling it late this year when they'll want some plant food credits in the easy first year they can get for it.

There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.