Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Bruder?  (Read 21861 times)

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Thinking of buying a Bruder?
« on: May 04, 2019, 10:15:37 PM »
Just found this website on the thread on Exploreoz.
[url=http://www.bruderxworld.com]http://www.bruderxworld.com[/url]
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: KathyL

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: Thinking of buying a Bruder?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »
 Come in Spinner ;D ;D Bet By Jeez all his neighbours and mates blew their nuts over it when he got it  and his head swelled a bit  from all the WOW look what I got Wank  factor envy ..  ;D ;D
Just another Hyped up gotta have,  high priced poorly put together box on wheels like so many others.. Imo .. ;D ;D  Did his dough quicker than a first time f**** in a cat house ..  ;D ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »
Jeez that's a bit tough Edz. The poor bugger bought what he thought was the best on the market to take his wife on a final lap after she got diagnosed with late stage cancer. She died while they were still trying to get it fixed.
I must admit that I, like many others, had a bit of Bruder envy when they first came out and briefly looked at buying one when they were a lot cheaper. But we didn't like the layout and my wife hated the bathroom. But I still feel very sorry for the bloke.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: Rowlie

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 01:05:23 AM »
Didnt read past the pics Kieth, Sad for his loss of his partner for sure though  ..
It does make me shake my head  though,  how people allow companies dazzle them,  with all these Bells n Whistles must haves hype, best in the industry designs etc that arnt realy up to scratch build wise and people get done over big time and left out of pocket with an over priced broken / faulty unit .

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 02:46:03 AM »
Wonder if he is going through legal channels now for getting this resolved.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:37:31 AM »
OK, that does it. Not getting one now....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »
Thanks Keith,  interesting reading. He seems to sing a slightly different tune in his ad where he is trying to sell it https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/items/details/2018-BRUDER-EXPEDITION-EXP-6/SSE-AD-5823453?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5823453 It would seem that the build quality isn't living up to the marketing hype at the moment though.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
Looks like Bruder, or someone else, has fixed it for him. His website may have buggered his chances of selling it.
Keith

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 10:53:04 AM »
Thanks Keith,  interesting reading. He seems to sing a slightly different tune in his ad where he is trying to sell it https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/items/details/2018-BRUDER-EXPEDITION-EXP-6/SSE-AD-5823453?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5823453 It would seem that the build quality isn't living up to the marketing hype at the moment though.

Looks like Bruder, or someone else, has fixed it for him. His website may have buggered his chances of selling it.
Keith

Turns out that the one for sale is a different van and a different owner.  The owner of original van is demanding that Bruder come and pick it up and refund his money. Good on him. I'll follow this on Exploreoz with interest.
Keith

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 11:02:58 AM »
Turns out that the one for sale is a different van and a different owner.  The owner of original van is demanding that Bruder come and pick it up and refund his money. Good on him. I'll follow this on Exploreoz with interest.
Keith

Me thinks that something is bullShit about this . Both of the vans , the one with faults and the one for sale , have the same rego number . TR 48 EQ
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
Me thinks that something is bullShit about this . Both of the vans , the one with faults and the one for sale , have the same rego number . TR 48 EQ

I queried this on Exploreoz and here is the answer:

Yep that's mine Keith. I have kept the ad up and running since for one thing I have paid for that advertising. Dropped the price to entice interest people to approach me with regard to it. And that has certainly worked. Once they do I phone them and explain the entire situation informing them that once this messed is finally resolved by Bruder and the van is made good and roadworthy addressing all the defects etc that I will also forward to Bruder their expressions of interest hopefully enabling future rewarding sale for all concerned and once completely repaired.

Keith

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »

I queried this on Exploreoz and here is the answer:

Yep that's mine Keith. I have kept the ad up and running since for one thing I have paid for that advertising. Dropped the price to entice interest people to approach me with regard to it. And that has certainly worked. Once they do I phone them and explain the entire situation informing them that once this messed is finally resolved by Bruder and the van is made good and roadworthy addressing all the defects etc that I will also forward to Bruder their expressions of interest hopefully enabling future rewarding sale for all concerned and once completely repaired.

[/quote]

If this is what he's doing, then I don't think this van will ever sell as who would buy it after everything thats happened to it? And over $200K for it new?   :o :o :o  Sure it's got a few bells and whistles, but 200 THOUSAND DOLLARS???
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
I think hes being a bit harsh, what do you want for 200,000 ???  $180k of it is wank factor
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 05:07:52 PM »
obviously a lot of wankers out there.
{Go Roos}

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »
 :-X :-X ::) ;D

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
Why is anyone who has a lazy $200K to drop on an off road caravan with every conceivable extra a wanker?  If anyone had that kind of dough, they would most likely have been very successful in their career. They probably already have the big house, the very nice car and maybe even the trophy wife. Is the assumption that all of this fell in their lap without any hard work? Why shouldn't they spend some of this on some luxuries in retirement if they can afford it?

Do we have some tall poppy stuff happening on Myswag?

Dismissing someone as a wanker because they have something you can't afford raises the question of who exactly the wanker is.

Keith
The following users thanked this post: V8ute, discoteddy, PWE, Spada, wakychapmans, KathyL, Parramacca

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »
Why is anyone who has a lazy $200K to drop on an off road caravan with every conceivable extra a wanker?  If anyone had that kind of dough, they would most likely have been very successful in their career. They probably already have the big house, the very nice car and maybe even the trophy wife. Is the assumption that all of this fell in their lap without any hard work? Why shouldn't they spend some of this on some luxuries in retirement if they can afford it?

Do we have some tall poppy stuff happening on Myswag?

Dismissing someone as a wanker because they have something you can't afford raises the question of who exactly the wanker is.

Keith

+1

How is this any different to forum members having more expensive campers than others?

Plenty on here have more expensive campers that I am envious of, but that certainly doesn’t make them ‘wankers’, especially since I haven’t even met the large majority of those with the more expensive type of camper.

Granted, some in the world so buy the expensive stuff to be able to say they have the more expensive stuff, but without knowing them, to make that the automatic assumption is a bit of a stretch, IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following users thanked this post: V8ute, discoteddy, Spada, wakychapmans

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 05:53:23 PM »
Quote from: KeithB

Keith
oh you know my bank balance?? LMAO Wanker
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
oh you know my bank balance?? LMAO Wanker

Lol x eleventy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »
Well, ignoring the name calling
They also make a teardrop type trailer.
Both the trailer and caravan looked good. I like the caravan door at the back but the price for me is to high. You can buy a Kedron Top Ender for that price.
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 10:17:01 AM »
All I can add

From the article

"The Department is currently implementing the Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018 (RVSA) which will gradually replace the MVSA from 10 December 2019 and change the way small trailers are regulated."

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/rvs/index.aspx

Guess we'll see if it makes any difference ???

(Not holding my breath though :'()
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »
Damn was just about to order two
Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)
The following users thanked this post: Hookie

Offline greentreck

• Learning the Ropes
  • Almost living the dream
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 02:39:29 PM »
There are 2 sides to every story and there is a lot more to this one.    Bruder EXP are in Brisbane and are happy to tell their side to anyone who is really interested. 
The following users thanked this post: Spada

Offline KathyL

• Tent User
    • Ron & Kathy's Adventures
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
There are 2 sides to every story and there is a lot more to this one.    Bruder EXP are in Brisbane and are happy to tell their side to anyone who is really interested.
As with most situations like this there are probably 3 sides to the story - the owner's, Bruder's and the truth ...
2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2015 Ultimate Xplor GT
Travel Blog:  Not At Home Today