Author Topic: Heaslip Camper Trailers - CLOSED DOWN  (Read 16966 times)

Offline TOY80ST

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The Camper trailer Whisperer
Re: Heaslip Camper Trailers - CLOSED DOWN
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »
I am surprised it has not sold as a walk in walk out ongoing concern.

As for the chinese debate that somehow started in these people's joyful retirement plan. It comes down to the Australian's aggressive behaviour. We are aggressive in business and we are aggressive towards each other. We are consumers and we chose where we spend our money. The end user is the one to blame not the chinese, the importer making a couple of hungee on the next container full of goods they sell on ebay. Our wages are very high in comparison to the majority of the western world this is why things seem so cheap when we travel abroad. We are not faithful to each other because of our aggressive nature otherwise we would take the American approach and support our fellow countryman before buying that cheap arse chinese CT.

Dont blame the chinese they are only doing business in the best way they know how. They are only trying to put dinner on the table and get the most out of life before they die like the rest of us.

There are a lot of people in this country who have tried to build CT's and have not done very well at it. It may be because they were bad in business or they did not build a good enough product to take anyone's eye. Who knows maybe they just didn't know how to market their product. The Heaslip's did all of the above but they worked very hard because they catered for a very broad range of the market, from slip on's to custom storage trailers etc.

I wish the Auction was a bit closer ;D
I hvae tlruobe wtih selplnig and dxsyliea. NOW I'TS YUOR TRUN!

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
HI Toy

I started the chinese thing with this;

Australians can only blame ourselves by buying cheap crap from China MOST of the time.  No wonder our aussie brands are going under.

I might think about that next time I buy.

Your comments are really insightful.  People knock the Americans and their love of country but it is pretty inspiring.

I think its sad that we consume to the extent that we are happy to accept second or third best just to get it.  Particularly when we are one of the most affluent nations in the world.

cheers

My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Benduro

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »
The Heaslips are retiring after 20 years in business!
From the Heaslip website:
We would like to thank all our customers for their support and very much appreciate the many friends we have made along the way. Our intention is to enjoy travelling Australia in our camper and we hope to see you "on the road" along the way. Whilst the factory has closed, our award-winning designs are available for purchase, but in the meantime we can still be contacted and organise spare parts as required.

Further updates to come.

Happy Travels to All  -

Rob & Judy

Deserves congratulations rather than the whole sweatshop product debate...
A copy of the letter we sent:

Hi,

Congrats' on your retirement and thank you for such a great product.
When travelling and camping we often look around at other campers and honestly always come back to the Heaslip content in the knowledge that there is very little we would change or wish for, so again, thanks.
You can retire confident in the knowledge that you have contributed so much to so many in the form of quality engineering and customer service.
Well done and enjoy your terrific product travelling around this amazing country.

Ben and Mandy Lord.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:51:51 PM by Benduro »

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
Hey the company I work for sell that cheap chinese crap, funny thing is the majority of the machinery we sell go to the manufacturing industry to make stuff in Australia, and a lot of it goes to camper trailer and caravan manufacturers, go figure. Last year we rolled over around 85 mill so some of it is staying in oz, and I get paid to fix them when they do break down, so it ain't all bad.
Now selling our land to overseas investors that's a different story

P.S. We do sell machinery made in Oz and Europe as well :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:19:28 PM by macca »

Offline maddo

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
Heaslip were also manufacturers of top line agricultural machinery earlier in the piece, not sure if they were still in the game latter on, hope they have got out in time to enjoy some well earned time on the road, good luck too them.
On the China side I recall many years ago Japanese gear was referred to as Jap crap and you took a risk buying any of their stuff, now you cant afford their gear. It's China's turn and  a lot of their gear is as good as any ( you just have to find the diamonds in all the rubbish ), wont be long and their prices will match the local ones and we will be moaning and looking for the next cheap manufacturer. :-[

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 04:28:58 AM »
Maddo, agree with your comments. India will be next and then Brazil.

Trevor

crackacoldie

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »
Deserves congratulations rather than the whole sweatshop product debate...

:cup: 100% agree with you Ben and Mandy.  We need to remember that the Heaslips have not been forced out of business, they have decided to retire.  I do not think this needs to become an economic debate about where products are manufactured.

Well done to the Heaslips for 20 years of manufacturing and perfecting a great product, enjoy your well earned and deserved retirement.

:cheers: Cracka

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 06:24:25 AM »
Very well said Craig

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback