Author Topic: A Fitting Favour from the Sydney Siders  (Read 2576 times)

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
A Fitting Favour from the Sydney Siders
« on: September 19, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »
Hey guys if any of you own a 200 series cruiser pre 2016 with standard suspension or know anyone that does that either lives or works neat the Sydney CBD can i ask that you PM me as i need a favour

I am getting serious about pulling the trigger on one and i need to see if it will fit in the car park of my apartment building in the city the guide bar is 1.905 high and guess how high a cruiser is 1.905 high hence the request for an actual fitting

There will be a couple of beers in it for anyone that can help out. I know i can do this with a test drive but if it wont fit i did not even want to bother having to deal with the car yards.

Cheers in advance
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: A Fitting Favour from the Sydney Siders
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »
Hey guys if any of you own a 200 series cruiser pre 2016 with standard suspension or know anyone that does that either lives or works neat the Sydney CBD can i ask that you PM me as i need a favour

I am getting serious about pulling the trigger on one and i need to see if it will fit in the car park of my apartment building in the city the guide bar is 1.905 high and guess how high a cruiser is 1.905 high hence the request for an actual fitting

There will be a couple of beers in it for anyone that can help out. I know i can do this with a test drive but if it wont fit i did not even want to bother having to deal with the car yards.

Cheers in advance

What happens if you try with someone else's car and find out halfway through it doesn't fit  :o

I'd go the nearby car yard option, just be totally upfront, say you are thinking about buying one but need to see if fit, won't cost you any beer either.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:06:51 PM »
What happens if you try with someone else's car and find out halfway through it doesn't fit  :o

I'd go the nearby car yard option, just be totally upfront, say you are thinking about buying one but need to see if fit, won't cost you any beer either.

It has got a plastic guide bar height indicator at the entrance you will be able to tell as you drive in weather it will make it or not. I would never suggest it if there was a risk of damaging someones car
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »
Just be aware that if you have a down ramp to the car park, when you hit the apex of the ramp angle/floor angle, the vehicle height will be considerably increased until your rear wheels are on the same level as the front.

Steve
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Get one anyway and lower it. Fully Sick!

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:00:34 PM »

^^^^ this or raise the guide bar ;D ;D

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:05:48 PM »
lt might not fit at 1st  , but since its Stolen it will eventually or not . What happens when you stump up the $ & get the 2in lift kit fitted  ??? Do you have to move   ??? Do you park off site  ??? . Your call , will watch with interest       >:D                       :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Some models have AHC, and give varying heights, depending which setting you engage.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline gphcald

• Swag User
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:05 PM »

Cheers in advance

It could come down to wear on the tyres and how worn the suspension is, even how full the tanks are. Previous experience has my height vary up to 3 cm at the highest point depending on fuel load, tyre pressures and car load (water, camping gear etc).
If as many of us like to do you fit a suspension lift, slightly bigger or more aggressive tyres you may bring it up that couple of mill so it hits. Personal experience i like to have at least 10 cm clearance as a just in case. a mate with his weekend play truck pulls the valves out to fit in his garage then pumps the tyres up when inside as the garage door is the restricting factor, with a 200 series it may not be a option if its a daily driver. as a test fit pump the tyres to 60 psi with empty tanks and empty vehicle to test clearance.
Just my 2c worth

Regards
Gerry

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:57 PM »
I like your way of thinking. Airbags. :cheers: flick the switch to dump or raise. problem solved  :cup:
Ultimate LC79 Combo