Author Topic: What an absolute tragedy - Coward punches, what happened to our society?  (Read 16996 times)

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
Re: What an absolute tragedy - Coward punches, what happened to our society?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 10:06:16 PM »
Theres always been dickheads around but since it became trendy to get slieve tats and act tough its out of control

I know plenty of people with sleeve tatts that would think that this is such a gutless act...... Oh and they do act tough around their mates but respect other human life so much that they have assisted in a situation like this.

The people that I hang with would rather walk away from a fight then get into one! They have seen enough loss of life overseas on deployments.
Cheers

Strvy
The following users thanked this post: Nay-DMAX

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 10:13:17 PM »

I know plenty of people with sleeve tatts that would think that this is such a gutless act...... Oh and they do act tough around their mates but respect other human life so much that they have assisted in a situation like this.

The people that I hang with would rather walk away from a fight then get into one! They have seen enough loss of life overseas on deployments.

I know plenty the same
Excuse me if you thought i was generalising about anyone with tats especialy military crew
I ment the late teen early 20 something posers picking tats off a picture on a wall and thinking thier the man.
Ive got a few tats myself but i got them traveling as momentos.
Not tough stickers

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Unfortunately not much good happens after 3am.
In my years driving a taxi I've seen a lot of this Shit,it comes down to alcohol , drugs & testosterone & its happened for years before it was called a coward punch.

I don't think legistration will fix it,drunken idiots don't think about the penalty before they commit the offence. The only thing that works is for them to get the same treatment.

Yep I think the key years ago was very little happened late, nowdays you can party all night long in lots of places. The lock out laws in the cross have helped. Any copper or ambo will tell you the trouble doubles as it gets later?  Do we really need to be able to party the whole night through? Isn't 1am a good enough time to call it quits?
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim
The following users thanked this post: Davepatrol

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
I know how it came about mate but to me its got a leftwing lesbian social worker invented word ring about it.
Im sure all the dickheads that do this laugh off the coward punch thing.
If they didnt it would work.
They need an insulting name with more social conotations..
And public embaressment

It was thought up by Danial Christie's father after his son died from a King Hit attack a few years ago.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-03/push-to-refer-to-king-hit-attacks-as-coward-punches/5183260

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 06:48:16 AM »
The gutless piece of Shit thinks it tough to king hit someone I wonder how tough he will be when he gets to jail and becomes someone's bitch.
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:51 AM »
Take them to the sewerage ponds and chain them to poles in Shit up to their mouths ...
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
Take them to the sewerage ponds and chain them to poles in Shit up to their mouths ...

Even that is almost too good for these mongrels. This act was pre meditaded, so
in my opinion this is murder.  This is what should happen to murderers.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 08:28:30 AM »
Even that is almost too good for these mongrels. This act was pre meditaded, so
in my opinion this is murder.  This is what should happen to murderers.
too quick..

I say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
At approx $40K pa to warehouse this scum in prision....   mandatory Life Sentences may cost about a $1M per scum.. to take out of the streets....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I am quite happy to pay extra tax to keep criminals locked up, anything to protect my family from these type of tossers..

I have a simple solution to help trimming back the violence on our streets in the early hours..The local governments and councils are playing with closing venues earlier and lock outs, but have they ever been inside a nightclub venue? If the did they would see the hordes of young men and women buying crap loads of high potent shooters and drinks laced with red bull and the like. In my opinion if they banned the sale of these items from venues and just sold beer and basic spirits the issue wouldn't go away but I think it would have an effect..

I went to a nightclub venue during the xmas break for the first time in nearly 10 years, and was blown away buy the amount of people lining up shooters on the bar and guzzling them down one after the other, yes this did happen also in my day but not to the extent I saw last week.

Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
Its all about the alcohol -- ie: DRUGS imo....   that's why you never hear about king hits in the middle of the day at football games; or at Taylor Swift concerts etc etc.... where gazillions of people congregate..

Amazing - the missing common denominator. ...   ocean loads of the DRUG alcohol;  ..in it's more potent forms - shots, etc...

Used as legal drugs - certain individuals use alcohol to numb their brains where their more base animal antics emerge....

Viod of empathy and respect for others.....

And the pub industry aiding and adeting this - making ocean loads of cash along the way....

A client of mine,  (massive club venue in BNE); literally regularly takes delivery of 2 x  1,000 litre goon-bags of red and white wine they import from NZ ...  that they pipe through their venues, (at $6 a shot)...

For NYE alone - they sold 1,500 tickets @ $150ea = $230K...   the price included free flow wine, beer, and basic spirits, & snacks. ...

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
Maybe he was paranoid because he was not having fun, and they were??????

Mentioned on last night's News that he hasn't been over here from NZ for long & he doesn't have any friends, poor diddums - so who were the pack he was prowling with?

Unfortunately not much good happens after 3am.
In my years driving a taxi I've seen a lot of this Shit,it comes down to alcohol , drugs & testosterone & its happened for years before it was called a coward punch.

I don't think legistration will fix it,drunken idiots don't think about the penalty before they commit the offence. The only thing that works is for them to get the same treatment.

So, as someone else said, why do you need to still be on the turps at 3 - 5am? How about we go back to the old days of 10pm last drinks, for midnight closing during the week & extend it out to 1 last drinks & 3 close on Friday & Saturday?

Ohhh, but that would destroy the night-club industry & tourists can't party on  >:(

Well, you know what? Stuff 'em - they aren't the ones picking up the pieces afterwards.

Like i said something derogitory and insulting.
Ifvtheres a bunch of kids outside a nightclub and some dick clocks someone and someone yells out "what a coward punch"
It just sounds bloody rediculous to me.

Alright then - someone throws a coward punch, they get grabbed by the cops & hand-cuffed to the nearest light pole for the next 12 hours with a sign hung round his neck "I'm an a'hole that kinghit / coward punched someone & they're now in hospital".

So after 12 hours (so "3pm" tomorrow arvo) without food or water, probably with a king-size hangover, & having "enjoyed" the public's "mercy" for the day, they get taken down, straight to the watch-house for the night, court the next morning & automatically the next 30 days on the street picking up rubbish, cleaning public toilets & similar choice tasks, while wearing bright pink overalls, emblazoned "I'm a coward puncher", while living in a detention centre overnight.

Tell you what, that bloke & any of his mates will think twice before punching anybody ever again  >:(

Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
That might work!

Offline jw2170

• Soft Floor Camper User
Jim & Maree
Sydney NSW

Hilux and soft floor camper.

Offline tedota

• Tent User
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »
I don't have children but if it were my son i would be seen at the prison every day until they were released.

Then, and only then would justice prevail.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »
No need for that....

I think scums' parole / release dates are available on the public record. ...

Also - how dumb and sorry for themselves would these monkeys be feeling....

It was reported on the ABC a few days ago that they handed themselves into the police. ...

Now they are going to be banged up for Life. ..

LOL

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 09:00:35 AM »
Time to get serious about this crap, judges and govt's - too much of this around now.....Sure as hell we never did this when I was their age! No respect for the law any more :(
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »
Time to get serious about this crap, judges and govt's - too much of this around now.....Sure as hell we never did this when I was their age! No respect for other people in general or themselves any more :(
fixed it for you mate...sadly it's not just the law they don't respect
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »
Time to get serious about this crap, judges and govt's - too much of this around now.....Sure as hell we never did this when I was their age! No respect for the law any more :(
one problem is Jails are full... theres 1 person per cell!
**** that, jail isn't supposed to be a holiday.. make it miserable so the ****in deadShits don't want to go back.  And if they riot cause the ciggys are cancelled, ****in shoot em... no mercy..
no air conditioning, no foxtel, no nothing the average aussie cant get... Do the crime do HARD time... not a holiday camp...

EG:

Bloke I grew up with is doing time for selling stupid amounts pingers to undercover cops for 6mths..
They were sussing him out for 12 mths... hes in a prison farm.. a mate who visited him said he has cabin of his own, can pretty much come and go as he pleases... hes currently on "leave" to go visit his girlfriend in western Shitney...  he loves it there.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 11:02:07 AM »
Love the jail  :cup:

Have to wonder what the bloke in the middle did to get a hammock?  >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 11:15:39 AM »
Love the jail  :cup:

Have to wonder what the bloke in the middle did to get a hammock?  >:D
I've seen TV specials on this bloke that runs the jail here...
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tent-city-jail-where-prisoners-wear-pink-and-swelter-in-120-degree-heat/article/2546924

edit: runs 12cent meals too!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3SRC3OnDGc
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:19:05 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline wedwards

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »
I would respectfully disagree that alcohol is the problem here.  Im 38 and it wasnt so long ago that I was frequenting clubs and pubs and staying out until 5-6am in the morning getting completely hammered.  At no time in any alcohol fueled state did I think it necessary to behave like this, and neither did any of my mates.  Close friends of mine know that I have one of the worst cases of shall we say "anger management" issues.  Only time Ive ever hit someone was if they were dumb enough to hit me first, and I would always walk away from a fight as a first option.  The difference is that I was raised to respect life (both humans and animals), and knowing how very easy it is to end someone, I always had a secondary brake there so to speak.  Many kids these days grow up with no respect for themselves, let along respect for the life of others, and the fault for that lies squarely with their parents.

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
I would respectfully disagree that alcohol is the problem here.  Im 38 and it wasnt so long ago that I was frequenting clubs and pubs and staying out until 5-6am in the morning getting completely hammered.  At no time in any alcohol fueled state did I think it necessary to behave like this, and neither did any of my mates.  Close friends of mine know that I have one of the worst cases of shall we say "anger management" issues.  Only time Ive ever hit someone was if they were dumb enough to hit me first, and I would always walk away from a fight as a first option.  The difference is that I was raised to respect life (both humans and animals), and knowing how very easy it is to end someone, I always had a secondary brake there so to speak.  Many kids these days grow up with no respect for themselves, let along respect for the life of others, and the fault for that lies squarely with their parents.

:cup:
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »

Very good Point... :cup:
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016, 06:22:24 PM »

Yep agree
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/