Author Topic: Aussie Swag Owners ... Roll Call.  (Read 25740 times)

Offline aussieducker

• Tent User
Re: Aussie Swag Owners ... Roll Call.
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
hey A.S owners, would some of you mind posting some pics of your pantry drawer please. (top view looking in)

Looking for idea of what works for storage, cuttley crockery etc.

Thanks.
2013 Ford Ranger
Lifestyle Reconn Hypercamper

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

Don't think I have any photos of the inside of the pantry since we bought it.  Of course you get a cutlery draw with the camper and we removed the top section of it (it was rather annoying).  All our utensils live in front of the cutlery insert, I have a collapsible tupperware container beneath it (those too are rather annoying).  My spice rack is homemade and a few people have commented on it as "a bloody good idea" ... see below. 

After visiting a CTA meet for happy hour, I discovered an idea that I really like ... however it isn't very space saving in the long run, but it works well.  Grab some foam (like the mattress stuff), cut out sections of it to suit particular things you always carry (wine glasses / coffee mugs / salt / pepper / etc) and install into the kitchen area.  Add items as required.  We did this using only a small portion and find it keeps things from breaking / moving.  It's always where it is supposed to be.  Other than that, just pack it as best you can, as everyone uses different ingredients and has different tastes. 

We also store thing such as paper towel / toilet paper / canned goods in the wheel wells inside the camper as you don't tend to use these everyday (keep out what you do use everyday). 

There is also a small area to store pantry goods above the poles and below the bed.  Anything in boxes would be great here:  biscuits / gravy / cake mixes, etc.  Small "under bed" storage boxes can be used on the bed itself - just keep in mind what height will be your maximum to keep the lid closed with bedding etc.  There is also the ability to store things under / around the fridge slide, underneath the grill, or if you don't use the grill at all then utilise that area for storage.

We keep our 4 saucepans and a mixing bowl in the sink when not in use.  The bowl catches any drips from the tap should there be any.  All our plates and dish drainer are under the sink.  The dish drainer also holds all the dish paraphernalia - including tea towel.    There is an area behind the sink outlet under the sink that can be utilised as well. 

You just need to be creative with the area you have available and the products you wish to take with you.  Always put things you use alot towards the front for easier access.

I also recommend you get some more of the 'floor carpet' to line the boxes, pantry, etc with as this will assist to stop things moving around and also stop things damaging the surfaces (painted or not).

As we mostly do overnighters and empty anything out that isn't necessary in the panty (staples stay there unless needing a refill), I doubt a photo of ours would be much help to those wanting to do long trips.

Kit_e

The Spice Rack:

2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline aussieducker

• Tent User
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »
thanks Kit_e, some good ideas there.
the main issue is working around the height issue for the sliding cuttlery tray and the sliding top. Just trying to find a better option as food seems to get stored toward the rear of the drawer making it hard to reach sometimes.
Thanks, might look at the plates and bowls to go under sink.
2013 Ford Ranger
Lifestyle Reconn Hypercamper

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »

Here is how we do the plates.  Please note the clear box is now a 'caravan' dish drainer with lid.  They retail for around $20.  Between each plate is a small strip of "non stick/slip" stuff like what they used on the stove top when you purchased.  Our plates are Corelle although they still supply the pottery cups so they are in the foam in the pantry.  We also keep in this section:  bags (both garbage and food), rubber gloves, gas lighter ... just to name a few things.

Kit_e
My Blog

Offline Muckinhell

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2014 Ecomate traveller forward fold.
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »

Here is how we do the plates.  Please note the clear box is now a 'caravan' dish drainer with lid.  They retail for around $20.  Between each plate is a small strip of "non stick/slip" stuff like what they used on the stove top when you purchased.  Our plates are Corelle although they still supply the pottery cups so they are in the foam in the pantry.  We also keep in this section:  bags (both garbage and food), rubber gloves, gas lighter ... just to name a few things.

Kit_e

pretty much have same set up but more kiddy cups etc under sink and our mugs, container with some spare batteries and repair stuff. deff not as neat as Kit-es gear.
2005 HDJ100r Sahara
Better to look at it, than for it!

Offline neowatcher

• Swag User
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:21 AM »
After lost of research, comparing & visiting shows, we only wanted Aussie Swag. We found a second hand in mid-2014 and purchased it. It was a well used 2007 model that, we reckon, has not been washed and kept clean for a while. Although it did have the 'badge' of red dirt stains, we attempted to clean it up as best as we could. We did not want someone else's badge, but would rather create our own! After a lot of nights of cleaning, basic general maintenance and a few trial runs, we're ready to use it!

Who are you? Just call us J. and S. (we're paranoid disclosing too much information)
Where are you? Brisbane region
Which one do you have? 2007 Ultra-E
What mods have you done? Created my own 3x1m LED light bars, many more mods are planned.
What extra's did you opt for? Bought second hand and came with full annex pack
Where have you taken it lately? Mains Range NP
How often do you use it?
Comments?

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »

Hi J&S,

Glad to hear you are also avid AS fans.  We too are in the Brisbane Area ... as are a few of those listed here.  May run into you sometime!

Just look on the back for the sticker!

Kit_e
My Blog