Author Topic: A parting gift......  (Read 9167 times)

Offline kiwi_camper

• Tent User
A parting gift......
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »
We have had neighbours on both sides of us who over the years have been very inconsiderate. They both moved out recently (as they were renting) and hubby and I breathed a sigh of relief. The next morning we get up to find one of the neighbours (2 houses up the road) had left a whole lot of crap (chair, desk, crates) beside our driveway, for the rubbish collection that isn't due for 4 weeks. It seems they couldn't be bothered getting rid of it but couldn't leave it outside their house either, so they left it for us to deal with. I made hubby help me move it all back up to their house and like magic it was gone 2 days later before their property vacating inspection LOL. I feel sorry for their new neighbours!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

BernieS

Re: A parting gift......
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
LOL. Good on you. Seems to be the norm with some. I very kindly returned broken chairs left on the nature strip next door to their front yard. The real estate agent called them back to the house and make them clean it up. My revenge for years of nuisance activity.

Offline DRB120

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Well done mate.

Im looking forward to moving out of my place next month if the contract goes ahead, the neighbours have been a pain since they moved in 2 years ago. Not sure whether Ill throw prawns in their gutters or Roundup something into their front lawn yet though ;D
2005 Prado 120 & 2013 Jawa Offshore 1

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »
Do both..
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Aren't neighbours important! We have great neighbours, makes considering a move much harder, even though it would be better for us to be somewhere else.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
Weird, The house directly across the back lane has always attracted terrible neighbours with barking dogs.
16 years ago when we first purchased here there was a fantastic elderly couple living there, but unfortunately their health deteriorated and they could no longer maintain the big block.
They sold to their Grandson, who owned a Blue Heeler pup that was left to it's own throughout the day. It would bark at anything day & night. They sold to a young couple who had two Blue Heelers that would growl and bark constantly.
After 18 months the house was repossessed. Hoping to have a dog free neighbour was a dream ;D
Well we lived in hope  >:(
The current owners have 6 dogs that all bark at shadows, chase the plovers on full moons, bark at anyone that visits us, it is a nightmare the noise that they make and the constant yelling from their owner to Shut up!!!(insert dogs name) does my head in. Two are koolies, One has worn a figure 8 track along the back fence from running all day. Then they all start barking when a kids rides past or the girls walk down the street to get home, I know when the bust has gotten into town, the dogs start barking. The neighbour has rescued them from the pound, go figure ??? She's a nut job that abuses everyone that she comes across.
Their block is at our window height, so the sound comes straight into our place. Every time I get a shrub to block the sound out, it bloody dies  >:D The other neighbours and ourselves have approached council who seem to not give a.  ???
All 8 other neighbours that we have are great,  :cup: we talk to them all, help each out, check on each others places when away and look after their animals, the way it should be.
This one house seems to attract weirdo's with dogs.
Wish I could afford to sell up and buy 100 acres just out the road, build in the middle of it. No Barking Bloody dogs and weirdos  ;D
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
We have had neighbours on both sides of us who over the years have been very inconsiderate. They both moved out recently (as they were renting) and hubby and I breathed a sigh of relief. The next morning we get up to find one of the neighbours (2 houses up the road) had left a whole lot of crap (chair, desk, crates) beside our driveway, for the rubbish collection that isn't due for 4 weeks. It seems they couldn't be bothered getting rid of it but couldn't leave it outside their house either, so they left it for us to deal with. I made hubby help me move it all back up to their house and like magic it was gone 2 days later before their property vacating inspection LOL. I feel sorry for their new neighbours!

The inside of the house probably looked like this.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
l have spent 20 Odd years tidying up other peoples Crap .  l have seen things that you would need 4 hands for a decent face slap to realise it's true  . The under side of a house converted to a growing hut  with huge lights & by passed power systems . That house was broken in to very early in the morn by chaps in black jarmies  & Big Guns . There have been hoarders , drunks , druggies  , stalkers , Snow droppers , & other sick bickies . Then there was the house of ill repute that had the Polorude  camera collection , names to faces would be worth a huge $$$$$$ . Not to mention the blokes the drank Jim Bean  , washed the bottles  & blue tacked them to the walls of the house ,   don't ask . The worst was a small black plastic box with a name on it left on the shelf in the pantry of a kitchen as some bodys  remains .
& you wonder why some drink        :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »
We have been blessed for many years with great neighbours. Recently the old bloke next door who lived alone picked up a granny and decided to sell up and move in with her. The new owners bought it as an investment and have rented it out. There was an incident recently that has cost me big bucks so far. One foot out of line and they will know about it.
I went next door to have a chat at about 1pm one afternoon. All the blinds were closed and the young kids were running riot inside. Persisted knocking as I knew they were home until a couple of minutes later the parents crawled out of bed and could hardly speak they were that stoned or influenced by some sort of drug.
So I know where you all are coming from, it's easy to take advantage of good neighbours until you have bad ones.

BD
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
I am working on 8 properties in a fairly well known village not far from Noosa. I had to get two quotes to clean up the outside of one property.

One guy just said burn the f^cker and the other is just laughing at me going why? Theres something like 120 old tyres plus old gear boxes and Shit strewn around the property............then we will get into the asbestos and contamination issues........"why do I deal with this sh!t"

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
We have great neighbours.  Can't see or hear any of them and the only one we have to drive past has a long running feud against us for reasons unknown to me, so we live in perfect isolation of the world and enjoy our outlook over to the ocean
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Mallory Black

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 07:31:36 AM »
lucky for us we bought into our neighbourhood many (many) years ago.
Now the entry price is close to $600k just for old post war house on a block so we don't have those problems any more cos the type that do that crap would rather budget for more Jim Beam/smokes/drugs/riced up commodores than making a nice home and getting along with neighbours.
hell we don't even have Doof Doof
1998 3.4V6 Prado & homebuilt rear fold soft floor

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 08:08:39 AM »
hell we don't even have Doof Doof
Some people have all the luck  :cup:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Goose

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life turns on a dime.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:15 AM »

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 09:03:05 AM »
Weird, The house directly across the back lane has always attracted terrible neighbours with barking dogs.
16 years ago when we first purchased here there was a fantastic elderly couple living there, but unfortunately their health deteriorated and they could no longer maintain the big block.

Exactly the problem we had.
Old couple moved on. Place bought as investment, and rented out for years, and everyone who rented had yapping dog(s).
About 18mths ago, house sold, and a lovely young couple with 2 kids bought it. They don't want to get a dog until the boys are about 10...peace at last   :angel:

I use to have to visit large properties, and the amount of owners who had problems with their neighbours was amazing. Some properties you wouldn't hear a 303 being fired from next door.
Moral is?  No matter the distance, you always have a neighbour   :'(
Bob and Robyn

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
... and people ask why I dream of 500 acres with razor wire fences, moat with acid in it, and laser guided missiles to kill anything that moves on my block of dirt.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hills Mum Bec

• Swag User
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
Not happy with our neighbours at the moment.  On one side the quiet, single guy that used to live there has moved to Darwin for work & has rented his house out & the the couple that have moved in have a Border Collie that barks non stop starting at about 5.30am.  >:(
On the other side of us lives a young family that we have always got along with well but they have recently decided to erect a dodgy looking freestanding rumpus room at the end of their driveway which completely blocks the lovely view we had of the hills from our dining room.  It is on stilts, stands higher than their own house & is just about on our boundary line.  I called the council to come & have a look but they said there was nothing they could do because the floor space was less than 15sqm even though the roof space is much bigger.  My husband has been wanting to buy a camper for ages but the only place we had to put it was in front of the dining room window.  One of the things stopping us was that I didn't want to lose the view, now it doesn't matter as the view has already been lost so we are picking up our camper tomorrow.
2014 Mitsubishi Pajero VRX

2007 Jayco Eagle Outback

BernieS

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
The inside of the house probably looked like this.

We had one of those in the next street (and this is a suburb with multi million dollars houses!) It was much worse than your pic, both inside and outside. The council had to clean it up, my understanding is they took the guy to court and then sold the property. The land went for 700K.  Nice new house on it now.

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
Hearing that others too have inconsiderate and a*se hole neighbours is quite comforting.  For a while I thought we were the only ones....

And what is it with people and their barking dogs?  The neighbours either side of us have dogs, the guy at the back of us has a dog and the guy directly across the road has one too.  At times we have dolby digital surround sound of barking when all four lots of dogs are going their hardest and all barking constantly at the same time. No doubt there are times when the owners aren't home and the dog is merrily barking hour after hour.  But there's times I look at the neighbours place and they are clearly home, yet their dog has been barking non-stop.

Is it a case that some people simply don't give a sh*t their dog is barking, or do people actually like the sound of barking dog  ???

Offline jimc1

• Tent User
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »
I had similar issue, but this neighbour lived almost 1km away. For some reason they blocked my driveway one evening at 10pm with a pile of crap, but silly people left a bank statement in the mess with their address!

I must admit I enjoyed piling into the back of my trailer and taking it back to them. Said to them they might want to tie down their loads a bit better as it must have fallen out...and lucky for them I was an honest citizen only wishing to return their valuable possessions. Their expression was priceless and ended up thanking me. A skip bin was in their yard later that week!

Firedogg

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
The neighbour on one side of me has 3 tiny rat-dogs that'll bark at anything.  She's 100% fruitcake and comes out yelling at the dogs to shut up.  Sometimes it works.  I've got a high-powered ultrasonic dog anti-bark device around here somewhere.  Might have to dig it out.  >:D
The neighbour on the other side starts playing his doof doof at 7am EVERY BLOODY MORNING!  Inconsiderate bastard.  I've also got a 1000W car subwoofer and matching amp for this guy if he doesn't quieten down soon.  >:D

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »
One guy just said burn the f^cker and the other is just laughing at me going why? Theres something like 120 old tyres plus old gear boxes and **** strewn around the property............then we will get into the asbestos and contamination issues........"why do I deal with this sh!t"

Same here, I don't get why sh!tbags horde tyres and car parts. My neighbour is exactly the same. 3 cars, boat, 2x outboard motors, 2x ride ons that have been left where they stopped and a cheap blue tarp as the front curtain.
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline Landyline

• Tent User
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
I've got a terrible neighbour. Sure enough every time we go away she steals our bin and leaves it in the street, steals our mail only to dump it back at our place when we get back and sometimes even dumps a heap of our water all over our garden >:(
Customline camper trailer

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »
... and people ask why I dream of 500 acres with razor wire fences, moat with acid in it, and laser guided missiles to kill anything that moves on my block of dirt.

I was reading this and I don't remember posting it.........
But its definitely my post......Isn't it???
Surely other people don't think like me..  ;D

Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 05:18:47 PM »
I've got a terrible neighbour. Sure enough every time we go away she steals our bin and leaves it in the street, steals our mail only to dump it back at our place when we get back and sometimes even dumps a heap of our water all over our garden >:(

She sounds just horrible.............
Tell you what I'll do for a fellow myswagger.
Send her over to us, she can move in next door and I'll put up with it on your behalf...... :'(
I'm just that kinda guy.....
Happy to help.
Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!