Author Topic: Alloy tray Rhino or similar?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline markbos

• Sleeping Bag User
Alloy tray Rhino or similar?
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Hopefully someone here can help me, the family has gotten bigger and my current prorack tray is no longer adequate.  Has anyone fitted a larger sized Rhino rack to prorack whispbars? My searching over the internet has so far revealed nothing except there is no fit kit available for these bars.  I am extremely happy with how quiet the prorack's bars are, so I have no want to change them. 

I hope everyone has had a safe Australia Day weekend.
Thanks in advance, Mark

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
Re: Alloy tray Rhino or similar?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »
There is no fit kit for those bars available.

Offline markbos

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »
Thanks rescue1 for the reply, i had realised that there was no kit available for these racks hence I was trying to find someone who may have attempted a DIY fit. 

Thanks again, Mark

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
I've had a close look at the Whisbar profile and I doubted that I would be possible to successfully mount the Rhino tray to them and a quick call to my contacts at Rhino Rack confirmed this. Looks like you'll need to buy a set of bars and mounts as well as the tray. You might want to look at the Pioneer from Rhino as well. Happy to give you prices on the options...

Offline markbos

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
Cheers rescue1, looks like I will be having a rethink on how I will do this  ???
Thanks for the offer on prices, I have just had to put a new battery in the tug and thats slowed me down a touch.

Thanks again Mark.  Oh and I'll look into the pioneer and be back in touch when I save some more funds thanks.