Author Topic: opinion sought  (Read 1045 times)

donpato

opinion sought
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
Have some ideas about a CT however would like comments on the Leisure Matters Ranger,looks like a lot for the money.
Any previous experience would be appreciated

Don.

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • be good or be good at it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 64eh.com
opinion sought
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »
Hey Don, I have a leisure matters ranger and although I have only had the chance to take it out once so far (was only delivered Good Friday by the guy who owns the company),
IMPO you do get lot for what you pay for,I just can't afford to spend 30K+ on a camper.
In saying that every one likes their camper a certain way and there WILL be mods you will want o to it to make it yours. My experience with the LM Team has been nothing sort of great, so much so that I consider the guys I dealt with from LM not just guys who helped me buy a great value camper but I think I could call them my friends, these guys not only helped me spend my hard earned but but nothing was too much trouble. I you want any specifics on their campers talk to campingwithkids (Nathan) on here . As for anything else you want to know just ask away mate if I can help you I will.

Cheers
Wes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:23:23 PM by weso »
64 EH(premier sedan)gone but will never be forgotten, 64VAN(windowless panel van),
2008 Nisan Navara, leisure matters ranger hard floor

Offline GanG

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • NEDSA
opinion sought
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
I also have a LM trailer. Whilst it has had some issues I can say they have backed it and resolved it 100%  so far. Mine is not a ranger.
Light travels faster than sound............that's why some folks may appear bright until they speak

donpato

Re: opinion sought
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
Thanks guys, I quess in the end it will up to me, cant help but think of all the inclusions 

Offline Socks

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • New to all this ........
opinion sought
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
Don I am wesos other half so he and I talk about the same camper and the same experience. The guys at LM have been fantastic!

From my point of view though I like the easy set up if the ranger. First attempt took us awhile but now we have the bits sorted it won't take anywhere near as long next time. Pack up took 1/2 hour. We have a fridge in one of the side boxes and 2 plastic boxes in the other which house the kitchen items and " stuff" box. The bed was not comfy for me and we will have to sort that out but it's a personal preference thing. Like Wes said we've only taken it out once. I'm sure ill be able to add more after this weekend.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:56:31 PM by Socks »
Weso's SWMBO
3 munchkins

Nissan Navara 2008 D22 & Leisure Matters hard floor Ranger

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »
I will be picking up my equivalent of the Ranger this weekend. I have bought from a different company but the same trailer. I have my own mods that I will be doing to our trailer and I will take plenty of pics to show swaggers along the way.
I had a good look over the ranger last Saturday and had a good chat to Nathan (Campingwithkids). I believe he would be a good bloke to deal with, in hindsite wished I had dealt with LM.
If you can be patient, I will provide a good write up and pics of the trailer. I will be critical of faults I find but I am keeping it all in mind that I have paid a good price for this trailer.

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • 64eh.com
opinion sought
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »
So what brand is it muzza???

64 EH(premier sedan)gone but will never be forgotten, 64VAN(windowless panel van),

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:33:26 PM »
New company in Darwin called Brumby trailers.  Our model is the 4E. It comes with axle and leaf but we paid extra $ to have the independent suspension. Exactly the same as the Ranger from LM except I have a spare on the front nd a swing away spare on the rear as well, also have 4 burner stove instead of the 3. Apart from that, same same.

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • 64eh.com
opinion sought
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
Interesting which is cheape ?

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »
With the ind susp fitted,( mine is also painted in black as his models are all grey) and delivered to Townsville, $10300.00. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:52:24 PM by muzza01 »

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • 64eh.com
opinion sought
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »
Wow ok that's a bit cheaper than I payed, but I'm happy with what I got for my hard earned

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Will let you know a bit more after i go over it.  i am picking it up from Townsville on Saturday and taking it back to cairns.

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • 64eh.com
opinion sought
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
Will let you know a bit more after i go over it.  i am picking it up from Townsville on Saturday and taking it back to cairns.

Be interesting to see how you go mate. Love to chat and compare notes as well as work out solutions to things such as the pole carrier