Author Topic: ***Welcome to Myswag.org - answers to some FAQ's***  (Read 27299 times)

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
***Welcome to Myswag.org - answers to some FAQ's***
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
When and why was Myswag.org created?
The Forum was started by Brett (Forum name is "Brett" also) on the 18th of May 2007.  Brett was looking to purchase a CT (Camper Trailer) and was frustrated that there was no where he could "go" to speak with other owners regarding their CT's and what they thought their pros and cons were.  The only thing he could do was speak to each Manufacturer and so was unable to get an unbiased view of each brand.  He took it upon himself to approach some tech savy friends (as he had absolutely no b****y idea what he was doing) and...ta da...Myswag.org was born. 

How is Myswag.org funded?
Myswag.org is privately owned by Brett and he is determined that Myswag.org will remain "ad free" and so Forum costs (aka server fees) are covered by the sale of Myswag.org Merchandise, via the generosity of those Members who choose to donate to the Myswag.org Server Fund and by Premium Sponsors who purchase some space on the Forum (under "Premium Sponsors) for an annual fee.  In recent times we have also had some wonderful Members who have taken it upon themselves to organise raffles in order to raise funds to cover the server fees as well.  These wonderful people make Myswag.org the wonderful place to be that it is  :cup:

How come I can only see a very small portion of the Forum?
The permissions of the various boards have been set so that only Members of Myswag.org can see them.  This is to protect the privacy of our Members as many of them have disclosed details and photos of their cars, camper trailers, sheds etc.  If you would like access to the whole of Myswag.org please a) become a Members of this wonderful Forum or b) log in if you are an existing Member  ;D

How do I purchase Myswag.org Merchandise or donate to the Myswag.org Server Fund?
Go HERE to view our extensive range of available Merchandise and/or make a donation to the Myswag.org Server Fund.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:44:59 PM by Jillsy »
The following users thanked this post: Brett, GGV8Cruza

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: ***Welcome to Myswag.org - answers to some FAQ's***
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 08:00:12 PM »
Hi Swaggers  ;D

Just a reminder that, contrary to popular belief, Myswag is privately owned (and privately funded when the "kitty" needs a top up) by Brett. Businesses don't pay to advertise in the Showroom Section and people who advertise in the Classifieds Section are not charged to do so etc. In recent years we have had a couple of Premium Sponsors come on board which has been a MASSIVE help financially however server fees, accountancy fees, tax, restocking of Member Stickers and Coolers etc all adds up.  If you enjoy your time here and are keen for Myswag to have a long life, you are more than welcome to make a donation to the Server Fund through the Myswag.org Online Store. All donations, great and small, will be more than appreciated and will be directly responsible for helping to keep Myswag online.  Just think, if every member donated just $1 each, it would be enough to pay the Server Fees for 11 years

Of course, you could also purchase some Myswag.org Merchandise from our great range :cheers:.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:03:52 PM by Jillsy »

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
Folks,
We just received a $100 Server Donation from a Myswag Member!!!  It is very gratefully received  :cup:. I would also like to acknowledge that this particular Member has already donated $2255 towards Myswag through Server Donations and Merchandise purchases over the years.  Basically he and his family have single handedly covered the cost of the Server Fees for a whole year!  I'm not going to name him however I wish to acknowledge his generosity. You know who you are and from the bottom of my heart I thank you X

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 11:21:57 PM »
Hi Swaggers  ;D

Just a reminder that, contrary to popular belief, Myswag is privately owned (and privately funded when the "kitty" needs a top up) by Brett. Businesses don't pay to advertise in the Showroom Section and people who advertise in the Classifieds Section are not charged to do so etc. In recent years we have had a couple of Premium Sponsors come on board which has been a MASSIVE help financially however server fees, accountancy fees, tax, restocking of Member Stickers and Coolers etc all adds up.  If you enjoy your time here and are keen for Myswag to have a long life, you are more than welcome to make a donation to the Server Fund through the Myswag.org Online Store. All donations, great and small, will be more than appreciated and will be directly responsible for helping to keep Myswag online.  Just think, if every member donated just $1 each, it would be enough to pay the Server Fees for 11 years

Of course, you could also purchase some Myswag.org Merchandise from our great range :cheers:.

A total of 37 donations have come through since I posted this on the 5th of April - thanks heaps Swaggers!  You're awesome!  If you haven't donated already (or purchased some Myswag.org Merchandise) and but would like to, please feel free to do so :)