Author Topic: Testing products at the Cape  (Read 2796 times)

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Testing products at the Cape
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:43:27 PM »
I was looking for any manufacturer whether it is for camper trailers, shockies, springs etc who would be interested to have their products tested at the Cape next year. We will be doing the OTL track from the start to the end and I am also looking at any 4WD drive magazine who would be interested in the story. Why!

I think it would give any manufacturer better credibility with buyers to know that their products were put through their paces from people who are not in any way associated with or paid to give a more favorable report through any magazine. Just straight forward unbiased comments. No technical stuff but honest feedback that the product does   what they are designed to do.

If any members have contacts with manufacturers within the 4WD industry who have products that they would like to be tested at the Cape next year please let me know.

You will not find a better testing ground.

Mark

Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline hodgefamily

• Swag User
  • 2000 2.8 patrol, GIC Ex Offrd, 3 boys, 1 wife.
    • Hodge Carpentry
Re: Testing products at the Cape
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
I'm up for testing anything that's chucked my way. ;D

I say we remove the bitumen and make all the roads dirt.

Offline XTCT

• Swag User
    • XTRAIL Camper Trailer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
I was looking for any manufacturer whether it is for camper trailers, shockies, springs etc who would be interested to have their products tested at the Cape next year. We will be doing the OTL track from the start to the end and I am also looking at any 4WD drive magazine who would be interested in the story. Why!...Mark

Hi Mark,

We are interested in this. We can provide camper trailer for testing in toughest condition as you wish.

However, I would like to know some background of yourself, list of your photography equipments, sample video would be nice if you can show us couple. For test result, what would you be able to provide? eg written report, trip dairy, photos, video. Also, how can you convince readers that your report is unbiased and not being paid to? Do we get full set of materials in all media format and use freely?

cheers

Sam
XTRAIL Campers
19/257 Colchester Rd, Kilsyth South, VIC 3137
Tel: (03) 9761 7373 Fax: (03) 9761 7323

Follow Us:
Blogger: http://XTRAILcampers.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/XTRAILcampers
Twitter: http://twitter.com/XTRAILcampers

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
More than willing to test beer, wine etc.....might even go on the trip!

Hem
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »
Hi Sam

We used to run a hire company with 3 campers that headed to the cape every year for 4 years. We have a good understanding what works and what doesn't at the Cape. 

If you would like us to give one of your campers a run up the Cape you will get a full written report, photos and DVD of the camper going through its paces.We will be doing the otl all the way up and this will give your camper a good test. All photos, DVD etc will be forwarded after the trip and are solely yours. The report will be unbiased as I have no affiliation with any magazine or second party.

Regarding photography and DVD making, I am not a professional but can take great photos and I have some reasonable DVD experience working in the retail industry for a number of years previously.   

The idea of this request to manufacturers is to evaluate their product regarding improvements, what works and what doesn't and also ideas on making the camper a better product. We did this when we hired out the trackabout campers and kept John updated with what works and what improvements were needed.

Feel free to give me a call any time on 0407 287 620 to discuss any other points and thank you for your offer regarding the camper.

Mark McGirr             
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia