Author Topic: Cape trip on Patrol forum  (Read 9507 times)

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
Re: Cape trip on Patrol forum
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
This group of 4 wheel travelers went by our camp at Sams Creek, The main group of Myswagers had left to go to twin Falls but myself and my old man were still packing up to head to the Jardine river. They parked up for over 40 mins at the Sams creek crossing causing a large convoy of others waiting for them to drive off. No respect to others at all.
I came across them again at the Jardine, as I was alone when I travled there I took the bypass road missing the last 18 k's of the OTL but I came across them screaming along towards me as i was heading into the Jardine, again no respect for others.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline savanahkelpy

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
My other problem with logs is that you often can't see them under mud, so when you drive across the wheel levers one up straight into the underside of your vehicle - who knows what it can hit - radiator, fuel tank, sump, the list goes on.

Now you have to deal with damage caused by some other idiots stupidity.

I agree with the above information, but logs can be useful, if used correctly. The only sensible way to use timber is to "corduroy" the full width of the wheel track at 90 degrees to the direction of travel. The negatives to this, nowadays, is that its not seen as being good form to cut so many trees down to achieve the desired results, and even with a chainsaw, who wants to work so hard?,, and its a last resort 4wd technique for the worst of boggy conditions.
First they ignore me, then, they laugh at me, then, they attack me, then, I win! - Ghandi

Offline Vi_n_Geoff

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
I never advocate stirring up trouble, but post away. "I hear you guys couldn't even follow a Paj towing a camper trailer..." no offense to our Paj drivers intended.
That Paj towing a camper was me  ;D.From the pictures the guys who i believe posted that rant on the Patrol forum were probably the same units that were responsible for ripping up the tracks just after Sam screek and leaving empty beer cans everywhere.

cheers
Geoff
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:01:11 PM by Vi_n_Geoff »