Author Topic: You know your getting old when...  (Read 7539 times)

Offline thecamocamper

• Swag User
Re: You know your getting old when...
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 07:38:15 AM »

When you drop something on the floor
and think what else can I do while I'm down here
because it takes a long time to get back up

Rob

Offline LeighC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:51 AM »
Hi Dave,

Nice pick up.  I have nearly the same unit, a hand-me-down from late grandfather.  I found this site really helpful when replacing some parts on mine. http://www.outdoorking.com   It also has a forum of enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Leigh
Prado 150 series
Pioneer Argyle SE

Offline rodw

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:46 AM »
The smaller B&S motors have been disposable as long as I remember because you can't rebore the
ally block. From 4 HP, and up, They had a cast iron sleeve that could be rebored. I had a mower with a 4hp cast iron sleeve. The B&S were also the most inherently unreliable small motor we ever had on our property. Today, the electronic ignition has been a big improvement. Points? Remember them? You had to pull the flywheel off to get to them and no self respecting bush mechanic ever invested in a puller!

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
..when you recall not being able to bend it with two hands but now you can bend it with two fingers and wonder if you're getting any stronger?
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
Finally the penny drops. Of course, that was it back when you were skinny. No bully was ever gunna kick sand in your face again at the beach and pinch all the chicks-
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=vintage+bullworker+ads&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=jfukUuqhHsWNiAew0YDoDg&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1103&bih=579
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 05:10:04 AM »
I picked up an old Flymo push mower the other weekend - our front lawn is so small that a petrol mower wouldn't even be up to proper temperature by the time you're finished :(
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)