Author Topic: LPG installation  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Adddamo

• Learning the Ropes
LPG installation
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:46:18 PM »
So I have our camper trailer at a mates place (he is a plumber), and I am getting him to plumb up some lines from the drawbar where my gas bottles are too the kitchen on the tailgate.

we were talking about fittings on the tail end.

He was talking about making the tail fitting a standard household bayonet style, which is not my preferred. Does anyone know if there is a flush mountable or wall mountable option for POL style plug as I don't want too have too change my appliances to bayonet, and also be able too use my Webber-q on my home bottles without changing hoses.

Any advise is appreciated

TIA

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: LPG installation
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
As the installation your gas fitter installs incorporates a regulator at the gas bottles you need to remove the regulator from the webber hose as you can't double regulate a low pressure appliance. The usual method is to connect a bayonet fitting to the trailer and a male hose quick connector adaptor to the appliance hose. As an alternative you could use this type of fitting. http://www.joolca.com.au/couple-set
With the female end on the trailer and male on the webber hose. A further option is to get a second female quick connect fitting and put that on the end of the existing webber hose with regulator one end and female quick connect on the other end. This way you would have a permanent hose fitted to webber for connection to camper with a male quick fitting on hose end and when at home you would connect the other hose with rego fitted on one end and female quick connect on other end to your bottle and join the 2 hoses together via quick connect fittings.
http://www.joolca.com.au/couple-set
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:25:33 PM by rags »

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: LPG installation
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:02:32 PM »
There is a female POL fitting that you can connect with copper pipe-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brass-Female-POL-BBQ-CGA510-Adapter-to-Male-1-4-NPT-/231818841509?hash=item35f97acda5:g:RwsAAOxyBPZTgtWY

Not a flush fitting but I've got mine bracketed underneath my Jayco flush with the side so I can hook up my regulated bbq or any similar. So that's connected up to a T-piece that goes between the normal pigtail out of the bottle on the drawbar and the fixed double regulator ie it's an unregulated takeoff but it has a tap there to shut it off just as if it's like connecting POL gear to the bottle. When I travel I protect the female POL end with a plastic screw in like you get with a changeover bottle nowadays but there's one more safety feature. The whole setup is further protected by a Gas Safety Gauge at the bottle which will shut down should you have an open POL release and the GSG also allows you to check complete gas system integrity at anytime. 
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.