Author Topic: I want to join Facebook but be safe?  (Read 7982 times)

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
Re: I want to join Facebook but be safe?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »
Just putting this out there. Had a play with it a while ago, works well but maybe a bit heavy handed - not sure.

http://monitoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
Thanks again all. As mentioned signed her up and will see how it goes. Consider myself relatively tech savvy but I just don't like certain things about Facebook and i knew i would get good sensible banter here about. At this stage we are not going to friend anyone, if we want to know how they are going or how the hols were I will call or write. Just want it for school and sport sh1t.

You are pretty much screwed today with what ever you put on the Internet. I thought pretty hard originally about even posting stuff about my cars and gear here and on other forums. But in 5 years its been pretty good and when I sold the Paj my thread on it actually helped as the guy had followed and admired the build and knew the cars providence! It was a easy pleasant sale.

Tjupurula that's just abhorrent and another thing I hate about modern day Communication. If you are really so inclined say that to somebodies face and deal with the physical consequences, can you still spear people mate?

Yes Jim, we still spear people, but that is a punishment for tribal people who break certain aspects of tribal law.  I would never waste my energy on someone who has negativity in their mind because of someones skin colour.  I actually pity such people, as they miss out on learning about a variety of different things.   In my time I have been called so many different names that it is ridculous, if I let such foolishness bother me, I would be taking myself down to their level, that i not going to happen.  I explained to my children and grandchildren that if people abuse them because they are black, just ignore it, as it is the problem of the person doin the name calling.
Tjupurula

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
I want to join Facebook but be safe?
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »
I feel very comfortable online, and have a lot of friends on Facebook. I love Twitter too.

I've had very few bad experiences, but have seen some awful examples. The above eg is shocking, but that isn't Facebook that is racist morons and they can be anywhere.

Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »
I feel very comfortable online, and have a lot of friends on Facebook. I love Twitter too.

I've had very few bad experiences, but have seen some awful examples. The above eg is shocking, but that isn't Facebook that is racist morons and they can be anywhere.

True enoug Big Jules, but I have the definite feeling that if such ever appeared on this wonderful site, you  guys would quickly stomp it out.
I freely allow my grandkids on this site, to look at the funny photo's and see peoples travels and the like.  Obviously because of their age we have some kind of filter or whatever, and there are many things that simply do not appear on this computer.  They love what the call the "snail cars, the ones that tow their houses behind them (CT's).
Regards
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:02:02 PM by Tjupurula »

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »
"Snail cars". I love it! Never thought about it that way. Takes a kid to think outside the square. Good on 'em.

Cheers, Tony