Author Topic: NEW! Stove with FSD (Flame Safety Device)  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Jon Burrell - Tentworld

• Tent User
    • Tentworld - Shop Online or In-Store
NEW! Stove with FSD (Flame Safety Device)
« on: September 30, 2023, 09:51:41 AM »
Hi Swaggers,

Long time no post.  Sorry.

I can remember reading on here, and speaking to many customers over the years who are looking for a stove that is bayonet compatible, and features the new safety requirement for bayonet devices- FSD (Flame Safety Device).  A great safety feature that cuts off the flow of gas, if it cannot detect any flame. 

Finally, we have a model that I think ticks all the boxes for many campers.  The ProHeat 2 with FSD. 

https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sale/companion-proheat-2-burner-with-fsd-stove-lp

Let me know what you think?  Does it tick all the boxes of what you're looking for in a low pressure bayonet hose compatible stove? 

NOTE:  If you're researching this one, be careful as there are two other models on the market that DO NOT feature FSD.  It is getting harder to compare products being sold at different retailers, due to a perplexing decision by several other camping retailers to hide manufacturer model numbers from consumers on their website.  You need to be sure you're buying Companion Model Number: 10001007.  If you're not, you're either buying a high pressure stove, or the superseded low pressure model without FSD.

I do think its also a mistake by Companion to have multiple models that share virtually the same name, but have very different features.  I've let them know this, but in the meantime - we have to live with how it is. 

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any other way.

Happy Camping Swaggers!

Happy Camping! 

Browse our range, and shop online at:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/
Find your local Tentworld Camping Store at: 
https://www.tentworld.com.au/camping-stores

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: NEW! Stove with FSD (Flame Safety Device)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 11:41:23 AM »
Manufacturers need to make life easy for consumers.... so calling each model what they actually are makes life easier in that case.

Can you also run it off those small green canisters or similar if your not out in the camper
Companion 468g Resealable Propane Cartridge style of thing...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jon Burrell - Tentworld

• Tent User
    • Tentworld - Shop Online or In-Store
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 12:13:35 PM »
Agree Bird, naming items more clearly does help everyone.  I feel like FSD can get lost in the name, which is why I wanted to point out also being careful with model numbers is a good way to double check you're buying the right model.

There is a medium pressure model ProHeat which will take those BOM cylinders out of the box. We don't stock that one currently. But now there is a significant price difference between medium pressure and the low pressure models we are looking to stock both.  This way consumers can decide if they want dearer FSD for additional safety and caravan insurance concerns and the benefits of greater temperature adjustment due to low pressure system.

Or go for the medium pressure model that lets you use the disposable BOM models out of the box.

We don't currently have the right optional fittings available to us to convert BOM to low pressure like this FSD stove requires.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Happy Camping! 

Browse our range, and shop online at:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/
Find your local Tentworld Camping Store at: 
https://www.tentworld.com.au/camping-stores
The following users thanked this post: Bird

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 07:00:37 PM »
Agree Bird, naming items more clearly does help everyone.  I feel like FSD can get lost in the name, which is why I wanted to point out also being careful with model numbers is a good way to double check you're buying the right model.

There is a medium pressure model ProHeat which will take those BOM cylinders out of the box. We don't stock that one currently. But now there is a significant price difference between medium pressure and the low pressure models we are looking to stock both.  This way consumers can decide if they want dearer FSD for additional safety and caravan insurance concerns and the benefits of greater temperature adjustment due to low pressure system.

Or go for the medium pressure model that lets you use the disposable BOM models out of the box.

We don't currently have the right optional fittings available to us to convert BOM to low pressure like this FSD stove requires.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
all valid :) cheers Jon.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home