Author Topic: Tips for travelling with Body Soap/moisturiser  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Unsurecamper

• Swag User
    • Unsurecamper
Tips for travelling with Body Soap/moisturiser
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
Hi all

Just chasing ideas on what others do when travelling with bottles that can leak or spill or are a pump top e.g. body soap and moisturisers, normally travel with bar soap but with a lil one with us now its handy to have all the other options

Also children's panadol... or medicine bottles full stop really they alwsys seem to leak for us no matter how hard i try to prevent it.. nothing more annoying than never being able to get those silly lids off but finding its managed to leak through my bathroom bag 😣
Happy Campers are campers who make every trip a great one!
Our 2012 Challenge Outback Deluxe Camper
2013 Toyota Landcruiser GXL 200 Series.
Our Blog!

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
Re: Tips for travelling with Body Soap/moisturiser
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »
Plastic container and store them upright.
Measure the size of the bottles/pump packs etc. and get a plastic box and lid to suit.
Pack them with the soft packets of wet ones/personal wipes, you don't need a months supply, just enough to get by.
You can always get more at the next big town.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 07:05:14 AM »
All good advice. We double up by putting almost everything into Aldi ziplock bags. They have a double seal and will contain leaks if the worst happens. Especially good in the fridge.
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »
All good advice. We double up by putting almost everything into Aldi ziplock bags. They have a double seal and will contain leaks if the worst happens. Especially good in the fridge.

what he said ^^^^^^ however, the cheese n kisses has found shampoo and conditioner bars. Similar to a bar of soap but shampoo.......the ones she's got come in a metal container and are easy to store, pack and use.......
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »
Hi all

Just chasing ideas on what others do when travelling with bottles that can leak or spill or are a pump top e.g. body soap and moisturisers, normally travel with bar soap but with a lil one with us now its handy to have all the other options

Also children's panadol... or medicine bottles full stop really they alwsys seem to leak for us no matter how hard i try to prevent it.. nothing more annoying than never being able to get those silly lids off but finding its managed to leak through my bathroom bag 😣
I've got a single small shelf in the ute that we access through the side window which has all the shampoo, waterless handwash, body wash, sunscreen etc pump packs all lined up and jammed in so they can't spill or get lost. they don't need to be removed to be used so they always have a home and don't get lost. Do you have an enclosed fridge in the car you could fix a shelf to?
Kid's Panadol/nurofen we keep in a zip lock bag in the fridge. They thicken right up when cold so are much harder to spill. Never had an issue with it that way.

Offline Unsurecamper

• Swag User
    • Unsurecamper
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »
Wow - this is seriously interesting, and a great idea - I hope I can find them, where they just at the Supermarket??

what he said ^^^^^^ however, the cheese n kisses has found shampoo and conditioner bars. Similar to a bar of soap but shampoo.......the ones she's got come in a metal container and are easy to store, pack and use.......
Our Blog!

Offline Unsurecamper

• Swag User
    • Unsurecamper
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
I've got a single small shelf in the ute that we access through the side window which has all the shampoo, waterless handwash, body wash, sunscreen etc pump packs all lined up and jammed in so they can't spill or get lost. they don't need to be removed to be used so they always have a home and don't get lost. Do you have an enclosed fridge in the car you could fix a shelf to?
Kid's Panadol/nurofen we keep in a zip lock bag in the fridge. They thicken right up when cold so are much harder to spill. Never had an issue with it that way.

Great idea storing them in the fridge - I don't really have a shelf I can use in the fridge but no reason it can't just sit in the bottom corner of the fridge for if/when needed in a clip lock bag, I hadn't thought of this. Its all great to have protection against the spill. e.g. clip lock bags etc but its the losing the actual stuff that becomes the issue.
Our Blog!

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 12:41:58 PM »
Wow - this is seriously interesting, and a great idea - I hope I can find them, where they just at the Supermarket??

Sorry, no idea.........she went out shopping and came back with it........maybe try google.
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »
Hi all

i reckon if your camping with your soft floor camper still, how about a small dedicated plastic tub in the camper where you can stand everything upright as every has said. Keep the kids glass medicine bottles in original box or even stand them in stubby coolers

lots of good ideas from all
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline paul.o

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
I'm not sure on the age of the patient but you can get 3+ y.o and 7+ y.o. dissolvable Childerens Panadol. Or suppositories.  :o :-X

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:32:23 PM by Cruiser 105Tvan »
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Unsurecamper

• Swag User
    • Unsurecamper
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »
I'm not sure on the age of the patient but you can get 3+ y.o and 7+ y.o. dissolvable Childerens Panadol. Or suppositories.  :o :-X

Only 2yo :( was a great thought though!
Our Blog!

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
Ziplock bags are amazing inventions. Not so great for landfill, but so handy for so many things! Storing bottles that leak, keeping medications together, etc are all things the get used for in my household.
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »
Ziplock bags are amazing inventions. Not so great for landfill, but so handy for so many things!

When your ziplock is used, fill them full of burnable rubbish, stow them in your rear wheel bin bag and then throw them in the fire. Multiple uses...Sorts out the land fill issue.......but creates a global warming one  :cheers:

I bet they work well full of LPG too  :cup:
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
The following users thanked this post: trinityalyce