Author Topic: Fuel Station Etiquette  (Read 16730 times)

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: Fuel Station Etiquette
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
You seem to hate servos the way i hate supermarkets
Handy hint, take a photo with your phone of the bowser after you fill up and another photo of the odometer when you get back in the car and fill you records in later

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And watch the attendant lose their mind cause you are using a mobile phone at the bowser,
Love ya work

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »
And watch the attendant lose their mind cause you are using a mobile phone at the bowser,
Love ya work

Their usually to busy on their phone to notice
BTW your not actually using your phone your using your camera if you believe all that crap about phones blowing up servos

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:42:58 PM by macca »

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »
Their usually to busy on their phone to notice
BTW your not actually using your phone your using your camera if you believe all that crap about phones blowing up servos

It's the static electricity on you that builds up as you sit and squirm in the Seat.
If it doesn't discharge as you grab the door, it's a real problem when you open the filler and put the nozzle in place to fill up.
It's just because some people were holding phones, in the forecourt videos, that they decided there was something else easier to blame.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »
It's the static electricity on you that builds up as you sit and squirm in the Seat.
If it doesn't discharge as you grab the door, it's a real problem when you open the filler and put the nozzle in place to fill up.
It's just because some people were holding phones, in the forecourt videos, that they decided there was something else easier to blame.

Was it not also because if you drop your phone and dislodge the battery there was a chance of a spark across the terminals. Most if not all phones these days have an internal battery.

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
Not to mention the need to place your plastic jerry on the ground to fill with diesel!  Funny how you don't need to remove your boat tank to fill with petrol?  PLEASE EXPLAIN...  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »
I also want to know how bare concrete is an effective electrical Earth.
If they were serious, I might be inclined to believe them.
It's a good thing that the fuel delivery hose is also the Earth or grounding connection.
Which is why you always ground the nozzle on the receiving tank/jerry can whilst hanging onto both.
Then you open the nozzle and fill up.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »
I've seen old blokes smoking at the bowser, it must be safe.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »
Not to mention the need to place your plastic jerry on the ground to fill with diesel!  Funny how you don't need to remove your boat tank to fill with petrol?  PLEASE EXPLAIN...  Kevin

I thought it was just so you didn't drop it, and spill 10 to 20 Litres of fuel on the ground...  ???
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
I thought it was just so you didn't drop it, and spill 10 to 20 Litres of fuel on the ground...  ???
"Wouldn't that come under OH&S."  I know some one is thinking about it.
Lifting something to a height that's higher than the predetermined safe lifting height.  To get it into, and out of the boat at the servo.
Be Ok empty, but full, a lot of those things are 40 to 50 Litres Capacity aren't they.
I can see Worksafe or similar saying, "Over 20 Litres, too heavy.  Gotta have a crane to lift it, Then there's the Crane installation certification, the crane operators ticket, the crane chasers ticket (Dogman in the old days). The list just keeps getting longer.
So everyone takes the chance on filling the bilges with fumes, and they hope the fumes are all gone by the time they launch and operate the boat.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:50:41 PM by Cruiser 105Tvan »
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2018, 03:43:12 PM »
Had a frustrating moment at a servo recently. I only wanted to use the shop, not fill up, but at this one you have to go through the bowsers to get to the carpark and if there's someone at every bowser there's not enough space to get around.

So a guy was just getting in his car to leave, 2 other cars backed up behind him, I pull up alongside the first car to try to get his attention to say "hey mate I just wanna get through," but because of the times we live in he has full blinkers on and pretends he doesn't see me despite the fact that he could have stuck his right arm out and touched my car. So the guy leaves and this clown punches it into the spot at the bowser because he must have thought I was going to race him for it.

So then I get stuck sitting there for another person to fill up just so I can get to the car park. I stuck my head out the window and said to him "mate, you could have just let me through!" To which he replied pretty rudely "didn't see you" even though we both knew full well that he did.

So that's just my little servo related story.

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2018, 03:51:02 PM »
Hey Hookie,
At servos, some people loose their minds, which makes the rest of us loose our Shit.
Hey, I know we should all take a chill pill, but some people are either so friggin stupid or they realy don't give a rats about other people, they impact on others.
Just hope the karma bus catches up with them, I know that's not nice, but something has to give.

Travel safe mate.

Offline ehsc

• FIRE EARTH MOON STARS THATS LIVING
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • JUST DO IT
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2018, 08:07:14 AM »
Here is a classic, Pulled up at a BP servo Sth of Proserpine the other day won't mention the name,But after waiting ages like 15 mins for the two cars before to leave the bowsers so I could fill up I noticed the drivers come out with Coffee food etc, So after filling up I go inside to pay and big sign on counter please pay in cafe, line up 5 people in front of me and every one in front orders food one Pearson serving 3 people filling shelves go figure so by the time I paid and get back in car it took 30 mins to get fuel and anther 5 cars lined up for fuel and I could feel the daggers from the drivers behind my rental when I moved, So I thought waisted so much time might as well go to the loo So pulled up around the back in parking area, Then had walk back to servo entry to get to toilet but the best thing when walking back there was a guy filling up his 4x4 towing a big van I noticed the door to the van was open and as I passed here is the blocks Mrs going to the toilet in the van with the door open some people just do my head in.to
2017 Isuxu D-max
2003 Jayco Freedom Outback

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
All class