Author Topic: And another one bites the dust  (Read 2814 times)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
And another one bites the dust
« on: January 23, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: And another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
Bit of time yet, 90 mil from SA gov, still requires 360 mil from Feds.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »
Caught it on the news and seemed to intimate they had Fed funding and tried to find out more with those links. Big job though and a fair hike for the water tankers so it'll be a while. Getting hungry for more cheaper gas I suppose.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
l think you missed a word that could shaft the whole thing . That word being   " if   "
By the time they get elected & work out its too expensive we will have a petition going to stop it so we will have a win on the new Gov if elected that is    >:D     :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
wont it just be a case of joining the dots ? it's been about 5 years since I was last out that way, but from Merty Merty south I recall there being a wide sealed section about 5k long every 50k or so ? to allow overtaking the road trains.....................................or am I suffering old fart memory syndrome ?

edit......seems the grey matter is still workin ok. https://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/173696/Strzelecki_Track_fact_sheet.pdf

Their propaganda is suggesting that sealing the road will reduce heavy vehicle trip time from 14h to 6h, and that about half the traffic is heavy vehicles, so I guess that is the motivation for sealing the road ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:33:20 PM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.