Author Topic: We bought some bush on a hill with a view to build a house on it (build thread)  (Read 20303 times)

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
Re: Privately owned Camping area and 4WD Park
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »
Well done Danny, you have to start somewhere.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
Thanks for the comments.

We spent a couple of days out there last week to start cutting the wood thats laying around so we set the camper up! Im sure the neighbours think we are hillbillies  ;D

We're still known as "the campers" in our valley. :)

I still say it's the best way to get the finer details of the house sorted before you start building.
We camped on our block for about 6 months before deciding on the best spot for the house pad. Then after we cut the pad we camped on that for another 6 months or more while we sorted the finer details of the orientation and window placement.

I'm glad we did, so happy with how we catch all of the winter sun into the lounge room and block the baking afternoon summer sun from the living areas.

Looks like a great spot in an awesome part of the country.
Well done.

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »
Soooo 12 months later and work has been slow. Mainly due to getting the right excavator driver that would do some excavations AND deal with all the wood AND do some raking to clear all the under growth (some of which is on quite a slope).

We had a few tonnes of wood to deal with. Too much for us to handle so we did a deal with the excavator bloke to deduct the royalties from the final bill. Im not sure how that worked out for us but I am sure the bloke doing the work always gets the better deal ;)

We also had some large rocks to deal with. A couple of them are going to have to be popped as they are just too big to handle. But some of them we will leave and use as a part of the 'look' or landscaping......which basically means we are sick of dealing with them so they are staying.

But we did get all the masses of wattle trees and epic amounts of under growth removed on the hill so it will look a lot nicer looking down to the bottom paddock now.

The part that probably matters the most right up the top is now level and large enough to fit a house and shed. I havent done the final measurements but it has around 1200 mtrs of usable area and considering the house is going to be hanging off the side of the hill that will leave plenty of room......too much room actually but we will do something with it.

Depending on some engineering issues we are doing a similar thing to our neighbour in regards to hanging the house off the side of the hill. They live up the road further and built their house on a massive drop off. All their 'flat' area is out the front and their back area is basically a cliff.

Heres a view from the neighbours balcony. Our property is in amongst the trees. We cant see them and they cant see us....perfect.

Thats about it for now. Im taking a bobcat out there for the next few days to dress up some nice big flat grassy areas, continue with the clean up and to get all the wood out of the piles that the excavator guy left (he only took the big creamy logs) theres no point burning off good wood.

Hopefully in the next 12 months we will start building. In a perfect world we will be out there by Feb of 2019 when the youngest starts college in the area.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
I changed the title to suit the way the thread went......... 8)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Bloody Beautiful  outlook too ..  Container house !!  :cup:
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Soooo here we are 7 months later and we have finally started. The start date is a little early but the builder is having a massive easement put in at the top of the property and some more large rocks removed.

A bit of a before and after comparison shot from when we bought the place to how it is now, even though it will change a lot this week as they remove all those large rocks on the left hand side.

And here are the house plans if anyones interested  :-*

Those with a keen eye will notice the orientation of the house in relation to North is not ideal but the view is out to the south so thats where we wanted the main areas. We are having a ducted heat pump system ;)

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
Hi,
    but your carport will be brilliant for a late afternoon bbq.
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Hi,
    but your carport will be brilliant for a late afternoon bbq.
Cheers

Yes that is what we are hoping. They have a fancy new name for those under cover area's now, they call them alfresco  ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User

And here are the house plans if anyones interested  :-*

Not interested.....

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Not interested.....

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy

lol where’s my tv?

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User

lol where’s my tv?

Gumtree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
Noice.
Two things
What are the hand drawn squares with a X in them in the robes and
Your sheds not big enough ;D

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
The " X " is his signature for the alterations in the plans. I have seen people sign with an X a few times, I call these people "special"
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Noice.
Two things
What are the hand drawn squares with a X in them in the robes and
Your sheds not big enough ;D

Sorry I missed this.

The X is to show what side to put the drawers/shelves in the wardrobes I think!

I agree my sheds not as big as I initially wanted but itll be the biggest shed Ive ever had and what the plans do not show is the extra 2.5mtr lean to off the side and end of it that is going to be my toilet and store area.  So its effectively a 14 x 9ish so Ill be ok  8) I may update my plans pics when I get them back from council..........................so it could be a while

We are still doing earth works up there. They broke an excavator using the rock breaker on Monday (rock breakers are great for hire machines) and its been raining for days, so at the moment it is a total sloppy mess.

The " X " is his signature for the alterations in the plans. I have seen people sign with an X a few times, I call these people "special"

lol Its ok I wont mention how you and your mate keep warm next Saturday night while me and Marcus are using our diesel heaters in our campers  >:D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build