Author Topic: Advice on Aussie Swag 2001 Classic Lo Tow  (Read 3194 times)

Offline jpak

• Swag User
Advice on Aussie Swag 2001 Classic Lo Tow
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
 Does any My Swagger have any experience/knowledge or opinion of Aussie Swag Lo Tow Classic, we are looking at one to buy and value your input/information.  It is 2001 model and we were wondering what/how it achieves the low tow profile, is it lower sides, lower suspension or ?????? Cheers John

Offline loshde

• Tent User
Re: Advice on Aussie Swag 2001 Classic Lo Tow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
Hi jpak

Why don't you give Aussie Swag Campers a call direct.  Their number is 07 3881 1903. 

I rang them when we went to have a look at a 2005 classic model a few months back.  I couldn't remember the model and they were more than willing to share the selling price and all of the inclusions at the time it was sold.  They were very helpful.  The classic model that we looked at was an On Road model.  Hope this helps.

We have ordered and are awaiting our new Aussie Swag.

Cheers
Loshde

Offline jpak

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »
Thanks Loshde, we will follow up with Aussie Swag tomorrow. Appreciate your assistance. Cheers John

Offline jpak

• Swag User
Re: Advice on Aussie Swag 2001 Classic Lo Tow - the next episode
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:32:03 PM »
Well we thought that we had found the perfect camper albeit along way to travel to get it (Qld from Vic).  Spoke with the owner and wa arranging to go up for a look see and in the conversation with the owner, he was saying what a great camper it was etc and we were really getting excited.  After 1/2 hour on the phone at the end of the conversation, owner says hmmmm... am thinking I might keep it after all as it is such a good camper.  Long and the short of it is that we received an email a few days later saying just that.  Sorry but I am keeping it.... oh well here we go again!!! Looking looking looking

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Advice on Aussie Swag 2001 Classic Lo Tow - the next episode
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
Well we thought that we had found the perfect camper albeit along way to travel to get it (Qld from Vic).  Spoke with the owner and wa arranging to go up for a look see and in the conversation with the owner, he was saying what a great camper it was etc and we were really getting excited.  After 1/2 hour on the phone at the end of the conversation, owner says hmmmm... am thinking I might keep it after all as it is such a good camper.  Long and the short of it is that we received an email a few days later saying just that.  Sorry but I am keeping it.... oh well here we go again!!! Looking looking looking
Paitence is a virtue.
We looked for around a year before we found an Aussie Swag in our price range that wasnt trashed.
The one we now have is about an 8.5 out of 10.
You will find one...
Bill and Morag
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline loshde

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

:'( :'(Sorry to hear you missed out on the camper.  Sounds like the owner talked himself back into it.

The one with your name it will be just round the corner - just ask Santa

Cheers

Offline jpak

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:04 AM »
Bill & Morag, thanks for you thoughts, we have researched and visited shows for two years now and finally found something in our price range that as you say wasn't "trashed" - looking on the bright side now we dont have to travel thousands of kms and back to get it LOL.

Loshde:  The owner certainly talked himself back into it...had a feeling that he would reneg but thats life in a nutshell.

When the timing is right the one for us will be found until then we still enjoy the looking and going to the shows, next one in Feb.
Cheers John