Author Topic: Re: State of Origin 2015  (Read 26783 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Re: State of Origin 2014
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
^^^ 50-50 calls aren't they really & last night they went to nsw. That was probably the best soo game Jennings has had, so hopefully he'll go back to his normal fumbling self in G3 & qld get the 50-50 calls

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 09:00:36 AM »
^^^ 50-50 calls aren't they really & last night they went to nsw. That was probably the best soo game Jennings has had, so hopefully he'll go back to his normal fumbling self in G3 & qld get the 50-50 calls

hodges too slow to contain jennings... maybe switch with chambers?

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »

i'm more annoyed about the morris 'try'... no way he has control.  in every NRL game this year, that's a no try...

No way, in every game I've seen, that is better than some of the dodgy decisions that have been happening.

You don't have to have control anymore....as long as a fanny hair is touching the ball at the instant of contact with the ground...it's a try..

Don't agree with it, but thems the rules..

Same as the disallowed fwd pass try by NSW....let 5 fwd passes go unchecked, but pull a marginal one up that led to a possible try ???

Maybe the dunce ref on the sideline should be keeping up with play and tell the ref when a fwd pass happens ??

But, what about Klemmer......if they fired him up any more, he was gunna spend 10mins in the bin....but he was good to watch !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »

In reality they couldn't give a rats left nut about those that go to the grounds.. the money is in TV rights.

Dont think thats quite a valid statement, as you pointed out earlier its a good money earner for the sports admin, so without bums on seats where would that leave them.
You are right about the TV deals though,  but it always looks better to watch a game with a full stadium than an empty one

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »

But, what about Klemmer......if they fired him up any more, he was gunna spend 10mins in the bin....but he was good to watch !!

Did he come off the bench, run in and throw that cheap shot punch, then run back off the field only to be subbed on a minute later?

Anyone else notice that?
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »
Most of the punters will pay $200+. Even as a Qrl member the price is $280 +/-.
Bit like boxing day test covers costs of CA for the whole year.
Its a great ground the MCG but when will the NRL realize round grounds & league just aren't a good mix
I reckon you can tell on tv as well that cameras are so far away from action
Dunno Moggy,  didn't cost me anything like that to go mind you dropped a fair bit in the Dirty Swan before the game. Most of the cameras were on the ground anyway just behind the line. But it is bloody hard watching the game from up the top of the Ponsford stand, still a great experience tho, except for those knobs that were so disrespectful during the Ron Clarke tribute

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:09 AM »
Did he come off the bench, run in and throw that cheap shot punch, then run back off the field only to be subbed on a minute later?

Anyone else notice that?

Notice what ?????   ;D

No punches thrown last night.....but it was close..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
Sorry Pacemen I had no problems with Morris try. He had downward pressure. That's a decision to get right pretty easily imo the ball will travel or bounce up if lost before ground not just roll out.
that was the ruling up till this year, they changed it for the start of this year to say you needed proper ball control. That "try" would be disallowed most weeks in a club game now.
Inglis was a 50/50 call, I thought maybe more he came from offside position but wanted to see if picked the ball up behind the line or not, as he'd have been onside again then.
End of the day NSW deserved the win, but the constant penalties given for offside by both teams made me lose a lot of interest in the game last night. Refs were told to keep a good 10 apart before the game, but I just got sick of hearing that whistle getting blown.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
Refs were told to keep a good 10 apart before the game, but I just got sick of hearing that whistle getting blown.
yea Cameron Smith mentioned it at 1/2 time interview as they walked off.. and Gallen spat it about 230203984928340928340923840923409382 times during the game he couldn't believe how often...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
Dunno Moggy,  didn't cost me anything like that to go mind you dropped a fair bit in the Dirty Swan before the game. Most of the cameras were on the ground anyway just behind the line. But it is bloody hard watching the game from up the top of the Ponsford stand, still a great experience tho, except for those knobs that were so disrespectful during the Ron Clarke tribute
Perhaps we just get miners prices here.
Just the high camera shots seemed so far away.
You could hear the nobs on the TV, was a bit ordinary, but you always get NSW people at SOO games ????????

T.E. Lawrence

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 06:04:30 AM »
My biggest gripe about the refs was how slow the play the ball was,    That's why QLD couldn't go forward the slowness of play the balls and we lost the game in. The tackle.   Sure GI try but if fwd pass for Pearce try not called GI "try" doesn't occur.  But huge plus looks like GI had his speed back.   
Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »
that was the ruling up till this year, they changed it for the start of this year to say you needed proper ball control. That "try" would be disallowed most weeks in a club game now.
as I mentioned above...watch tonight's game and both Manly and Wests have had tries identical to the Morris try disallowed tonight. The inconsistency in the refereeing is killing the game for many people.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »
as I mentioned above...watch tonight's game and both Manly and Wests have had tries identical to the Morris try disallowed tonight. The inconsistency in the refereeing is killing the game for many people.
Yep agree mate.

But the inconsistency isn't something new either, it's being going on since the sport started, what really sucks is they have 2 refs 25 cameras 15000 slowmo's, a video ref, and they still don't get it right.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2015, 05:46:02 AM »
But the inconsistency isn't something new either, it's being going on since the sport started, what really sucks is they have 2 refs 25 cameras 15000 slowmo's, a video ref, and they still don't get it right.

Week in, Week out, every bloody game.
They stuff it up.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2015, 07:12:17 AM »
Yep agree mate.

Yerp, and that why supporters are leaving the game in droves.....no action from the NRL to sort the disgraceful problem out.....there nothing more then reactive, instead of proactive....sooner they get rid of Smith and the joker that runs the commission the better....

Offline patroldude

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
Might just be that we forget that they are humans like us and God forbid we should puck up!!! From what I see they get it right 99% of the time - obviously from a supporters point of view one will always be a bit biast to their own team and see what they want to see. It's amazing how on game night I can swear black and blue they pucked up, then watch it on the news the following night to sometimes have a slightly different perspective on the matter. As for people leaving in droves I hardly think so - I've tried to watch other codes of footy and well they just suck big ones. NRL is getting faster and harder. Players welfare is coming to the fore which is a good thing ( although I do miss the BIF). Go the Broncos and Go QLD
2000 GU 4.2TD
227-RWHP 662-RWNM
UFI-20G, DC6 250 HP
CC Ultimate Intercooler
Fatz 4 Inch Snorkel & Air Box 
2011 TVAN Murranji Mk111 ):

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »
As much as I like NRL it's second only to soccer for dodgey calls.
They need a ref and a couple of lines men and a video ref .
I'm not saying unions perfect but this system works pretty well

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2015, 07:00:32 AM »
As for people leaving in droves I hardly think so - I've tried to watch other codes of footy and well they just suck big ones. NRL is getting faster and harder. Players welfare is coming to the fore which is a good thing ( although I do miss the BIF). Go the Broncos and Go QLD

Have no problem with refs making mistakes.....we all make mistakes, but I have a prob when 2 refs, 2 video refs and 2 linesman cocking it up and on a consistent bases and its obvious to one and all that its the wrong call...maybe its the process and not the refs...there's a thought, brings us back to the way the game is run...or maybe not run...!!!

Flick over to the AFL if you dare, look at their crowds...?? no probs with membership and attendance there....maybe the administration is doing a better job then the NRL...of course they are, only have to see the DCE and now the Foran debacle to see that.....and as for a spectical....well it doesn't get any better then the AFL....and that's coming from someone who has grown up on League his whole life, and still lives in a Rugby League state..

Also, do some research RE: members and crowd attendance, members and attendance is down in vast numbers to previous years....main reason....well you work it.

As for the game getting faster etc....agreed, but its to fast, hence the reason why the coach's want to reduce the IT, so as to slow the game down and see more scoring opps for one....I also like the spin toward player welfare, way over due....the process is to be refined a bit yet....

That said i'm off to the footy...enjoy your day...

Go the Roosters.. :cup: :cup: :cup:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:30:32 PM by swanny »

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2015, 04:22:51 PM »
Have no problem with refs making mistakes.....we all make mistakes, but I have a prob when 2 refs, 2 video refs and 2 linesman cocking it up and on a consistent bases and its obvious to one and all that its the wrong call...maybe its the process and not the refs...there's a thought, brings us back to the way the game is run...or maybe not run...!!!

Flick over to the AFL if you dare, look at their crowds...?? no probs with membership and attendance there....maybe the administration is doing a better job then the NRL...of course they are, only have to see the DCE and now the Foran debacle to see that.....and as for a sceptical....well it doesn't get any better then the AFL....and that's coming from someone who has grown up on League his whole life, and still lives in a Rugby League state..

Also, do some research RE: members and crowd attendance, members and attendance is down in vast numbers to previous years....main reason....well you work it.

As for the game getting faster etc....agreed, but its to fast, hence the reason why the coach's want to reduce the IT, so as to slow the game down and see more scoring opps for one....I also like the spin toward player welfare, way over due....the process is to be refined a bit yet....

That said i'm off to the footy...enjoy your day...

Go the Roosters.. :cup: :cup: :cup:
I  agree 100% with you Swanny (except the roosters bit  :D)
Going to the video ref should get the correct result and be consistant with the rulings the on ground refs are making. On ground refs make numerous but consistant rulings on things without the video ref getting involved every week with their interpretation of the rulings.

Then sometimes the on ground ref will send the decision to the video ref and to all concerned commentators, people at home it is a try. Then the video ref will call no try. They will say it is no try for this blah blah blah reason. Everyone at home and commentators are WTF, every week that is a try before the video ref gets involved. Consistency is what we need and with the amount of $$$$ being spent on sports betting agencies, there is an expectation that the decision should be not only correct but consistant.

Unfortunately, similar actions on the field every week result in completely different decisions ???
As for the fans leaving in droves comment, well that's not the way I see it.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »
Yep agreed swannie and muzza
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2015, 06:32:24 PM »
Yep agreed swannie and muzza

+1...

just use the video for try groundings only... let the refs do their job (good and bad) like they have for the last 100 years...

Offline patroldude

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
I'm with Muzza - the Chooks - Ha Ha Ha
2000 GU 4.2TD
227-RWHP 662-RWNM
UFI-20G, DC6 250 HP
CC Ultimate Intercooler

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »
I'm with Muzza - the Chooks - Ha Ha Ha

Very well thought out reply.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline patroldude

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2015, 01:54:45 AM »
Thanks Swanny, I was just starting to warm up to you when you ...... Thank god advised all and sundry that you where a Chooks supporter Was a very close call. Lol
2000 GU 4.2TD
227-RWHP 662-RWNM
UFI-20G, DC6 250 HP
CC Ultimate Intercooler

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
Interesting that the to be million dollar man DCE has been dumped from Origin, maybe he is to be overpaid! Cronk must be worth 2 million