Author Topic: Car Covers  (Read 1224 times)

Offline awbeattie381

• Learning the Ropes
Car Covers
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
Hi all,

I am presently looking for a new car cover for my Paj but thought I would ask for recommendations first.

My current cover has holes in it from my snorkel, high lift jack holder and shovel holder and the seam on one side has come away from the cover. Its one of those weird feeling grey material types. Doesnt look waterproof but it sort of is sort of isnt depending on whether its a light shower or not!

As I dont have a garage (car is parked on the road and is not a daily driver) I am thinking of spending a little more on this one.

Any suggestions of brands/types are welcome.

Andrew

Offline Taz64

• Tent User
  • Just because you can, doesn't mean you should
Re: Car Covers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
I was going to purchase one of these for my car when I was in a unit until I bought a house and now have covered parking.

I am going to get one from them for my next car as it will be a collector and I want it covered while garaged.

http://www.carcovers.com.au/

They're not amongst the cheapest on the market, but you get what you pay for and will ship Australia wide.
Cheers,

Taz   

2007 Toyota Hilux SR5 Turbo Diesel
Freetime semi-off road camper trailer

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
Car Covers
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
The only time a car cover is any good is on a freshly washed vehicle. Other than that any dust etc on the car will cause micro marring ( fine scratches ) when the cover moves. Over time dirt particles get caught in any fibres in the cover and gradually make it worse. Personally I wouldn't bother.
If you're concerned about things like bird bombs etc get a good quality paint protection. Not the crap the dealerships sell but a good one. I can highly recommend Opti Coat (google it! )
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:14:00 PM by Marcus73 »