Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Alyosius

• Learning the Ropes
Hello All
« on: January 15, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »
Good evening all,

My wife and I first met camper trailers when we were 'loaned' one by one of our extended family the actual owner of which hasn't been able to use it for some time due to ill health. So 18 months later and several trips under our belt, we have decided that using a camper trailer works quite well for our adventures (particularly noting our adventures include a 2YO).

And of course with that we have started to identify what we don't like about the current CT we are using and so we are starting to look at purchasing a newer trailer....trouble is, I'm also seeing that every commercial one we have looked at is a compromise, the tent is too small, the storage wouldn't work for us, it doesn't have a kitchen etc.
When I asked for advice on another forum about camper trailers and what should I be looking at, I was pointed in this direction, so here I am.

Who knows where this will ultimately end up, maybe we will buy something, maybe I'll convince my wife to let me build a custom one, but I'm glad to be here and have the collective wisdom of the forum available.

Oh and as for everything at the moment;
The tow rig is a almost stock (though working on changing) Pajero NT and the current trailer is a custom design that basically consists of a camper trailer tent on a large box trailer and a small camp stove on the rear tail gate.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:25:50 PM by Alyosius »

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
Welcome to Myswag, there will be much discussion about your camper trailer, off the shelf will always be a compromise.
Write a list of what you require; budget, tent size, bed size,hard floor, soft floor, electrical system, storage, kitchen type, ease of set up, etc and then research, research, research.
Good luck and good hunting.
 :D :D :D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum! We're going through a similar process of deciding on the best camper trailer (or caravan) for our needs - there's heaps of options, more information than you can poke a stick at... The forum definitely helps!
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Biesel

• Tent User
    • rlhydn_overland
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:08:48 PM »
Hello and welcome.